Chapter 127: Gazing Deep

His eyes were no longer a deep emerald green, they were now pitch black and as dark as the night sky. At the same time, they were gentle, beautiful, and very warm.

He smiled as he called me a fool, but the tone of his voice was full of worry and concern. This reminded me of how in the past Bi Qingshen Jun would smile as he held my hand while he taught me how to write, and laughed while calling me stupid.

His and my hands were clasped together, his rough and my delicate fingers tightly intertwined. I heard that human fingers were linked to the heart, this must mean that Shifu’s and my heart are linked together.

I kept thinking, and couldn’t help but laugh. Laughing foolishly and laughing happily.

Because of my laughter, Xiang Qing appeared to have become flustered. He released his hands, and asked in confusion, “What are you laughing at?”

“Miao Miao is happy.” I joyfully replied, and then brought forth a handkerchief to wipe the blood off of his forehead. This was the first time I’ve ever felt thankful towards Wawa for forcing me to develop the habit of having a handkerchief on me.

Xiang Qing seemed a bit nervous and hesitant. His hands that reached forward wanting to push me away did not do so. His outstretched arms that seemingly wanted to embrace me did not hug me. He only stammered, “Miss Miao Miao…..I…..you…..”

I stared at him, puzzled.

Xiang Qing took in a deep breath, and then very earnestly asked, “Were the words you said to me last time true?”

“What words?” I’ve said many words, and my memory wasn’t too good so how was I suppose to know what those words were?

His speech stuttered, “You…..you, you said that you wanted to marry me.”

“That’s right! I want to marry you!” Hearing him mention this topic, I was suddenly very excited.

“Are you serious about that matter?” Xiang Qing seemed to want to confirm something.

“One hundred percent serious! So serious that I cannot be anymore serious!” These were my purest intentions from the heart.

The corners of Xiang Qing’s mouth slowly hooked into a big arc. His laughter was even more bright than sunlight passing through falling leaves. He said, “I like you too, I’ve liked you ever since I first saw you.”

Without warning, my surroundings were in full bloom as if it were spring time. Even if a hundred carts of fish were placed before me, it would not be able to produce this type of emotion. My mind was a little dizzy. Taking advantage of the current situation, I grasped his hands and led him towards the foot of the mountain, “Let’s get married.”

“Wait!” Xiang Qing seemed to be shaken by my anticipation. He slowed his paces and said in embarrassment, “I don’t want to conceal this from Miss Miao Miao, but my family is very poor.”

“Just call me Miao Miao!” I didn’t like being addressed miss in front of my name, it sounded very unfamiliar and distant.

“Miao Miao, I can’t marry you right now.” Xiang Qing sincerely said.

I took a hold of his hands and asked nervously, “Why not?”

“Because…..I don’t have money.” Xiang Qing lowered his head, his face turned pink.

I hurriedly expressed my feelings, “Miao Miao doesn’t care about money, Miao Miao doesn’t want money.”

“But I care.”

“Then how about I think of ways to earn money?” Could it be he doesn’t like Miao Miao because I don’t have money? Doesn’t matter, I could always break into Yin Zi’s treasury.