Chapter 1: The Entry

Hi Everyone, I would love to say a huge thank you to you all that decided to tap and read DELONIX. Honestly this book came to my mind during my high school days( I was In boarding school) so I didn't know whether to continue or give up. I'm a huge lover of fantasy, action, mystery and romance so I decided to put that in this book.

I truly hope it's to your satisfaction ❤️

Enjoy.

@whathepeach

                       | RED'S POV |

"Red! Be careful," a soft, feminine voice called out, its cautionary tone barely registering in my blissful state. I rolled in the grass, reveling in the sensation of dirt on my face and the gentle caress of a warm breeze against my skin.

"Ouch!" I cried out, a tear welling in my eye as I suddenly collided with something hard. Confusion gripped me as I realized there were no trees in our backyard.

"No, there isn't" a voice spoke beside me. Startled, I scrambled to my feet and turned toward the source of the collision. Standing before me was an older boy, his presence both enigmatic and captivating.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice filled with curiosity. Silence hung in the air for a moment, his gaze fixed on me, seemingly ignoring my question. Then, without a word, he extended his arm and gently touched my forehead, causing a rosy blush to bloom on my cheeks.

"You hit your head on my back. I hope you're alright," he finally spoke, his tone difficult to decipher. But my attention was drawn to his eyes, a soft shade of blue that I found myself inexplicably drawn to. Blue, my favorite color.

"Mine's Green," he whispered, seemingly to himself, before adding, "I mean, that's my favorite color." My heart skipped a beat as a sense of dread washed over me. Had I accidentally voiced my thoughts?

"No, you didn't," he assured me, his voice tinged with amusement. "How are you doing that? Are you a witch?" I blurted out, my brows furrowing as I contemplated whether I should be afraid of this boy.

He chuckled, his hand leaving my forehead. "I'm no witch, Little Red," he replied, a playful pout on his lips.

"Little?" I frowned, my temper flaring. "For your information, mister, I turn 9 today." A soft laugh escaped him, melting away my anger. What was wrong with me today?

"What's your name?" I asked, hoping to fill the silence. His figure began to fade, his voice drowned out by static. I was losing him.

*Splash!*

Startled, I jolted awake, feeling water drenching my body. Shock and confusion coursed through me as I tried to make sense of my current state. Laughter erupted in the room, and I turned to see my aunt holding an empty jug, a mischievous grin on her face.

"What the butt, Aunt!" I exclaimed, frustration welling up inside me.

"Quit your whining and get ready, young lady. It's your first day of college," she admonished, her tone firm. Receiving no response, she yanked at my blanket, urging me to get up.

Sighing, I sat up in bed, forcing a fake grin. "Yay! I'm so excited to delve into another death pool right after escaping one," I muttered under my breath, before standing up and making my way to the bathroom.

"Oh, come on, dear. I'm sure this time will be different and possibly even more exciting," Aunt May suggested, her words causing my eyes to roll. I remembered the last time she used that word—it had landed me in the hospital after a dare at a birthday party last year.