Chapter 14 :The Sinister Encounter

Red POV

Who would have thought that my Uncle was pretty good at his work? Even though I had no clue what he was discussing, I was sure it was something serious because of the intense focus in their eyes. The girls in the class seemed to be utterly enamored by him, but their infatuation made me feel nauseous.

"And that's all for today's class," my uncle announced, as if he could read my mind. The sound of the bell ringing filled the room, and everyone began to leave in a rush.

I sat there, feeling clueless about where to go next. In high school, I would usually head to the library, a peaceful and quiet place. But now, in this unfamiliar setting, I couldn't help but feel a sense of fear. What if there was a vampire posing as the librarian? What if the books started flying around, and I had to catch one to read? What if...

"Miss Red, I would like to speak to you for a moment," I suddenly heard my uncle, also my teacher, call out to me. I hesitated, not knowing how to approach him, as I noticed the expectant looks from most of the female students, as if they were waiting for me to leave.

"Yes, sir," I replied, unsure of what I had done to anger them. My answer seemed to have irritated them further.

Once everyone had left the classroom, I finally felt the weight lift off my shoulders. "I almost died," I exaggerated, using the term 'died' quite loosely.

"I noticed," my uncle smiled slightly.

"I don't think I can do this," I confessed, my voice filled with uncertainty.

"Do what?" His smile faded into a frown.

"Being here, dressing in high school clothes when I just finished that hell pit, and most importantly, leaving Aunt May," I added, still feeling a pang of sadness for Aunt May.

I moved to the nearest seat beside his desk, sinking into it as I awaited his response.

"I don't know how I can convince you to stay, Red. I understand that what happened in the human world might haunt you here as well," he said, his words tinged with understanding. I nodded, agreeing with his assessment.

"But you're missing one thing," he continued, his voice carrying a hint of wisdom.

"What's that?" I rolled my eyes and placed my hand on my face, propping my elbow on the table.

"You are the daughter of a great hunter here. Even though you can't tell people about it, they will sense something special in you. You just have to give it time," he explained.

Wow. Was it just me, or did he give an actual speech? And it was a good one.

"I... I didn't expect that, but thanks," I said, a genuine smile spreading across my face.

"No problem. We family have to stick together," he chuckled.

Family? The word echoed in my mind, reminding me of the bond I had with him.

"Um, do you know where the library is?" I asked, suddenly changing the topic.

"Yes, but why do you need to go there?" he inquired.

"Well..." I rose from the table, gathering my thoughts. "If I want to understand this place clearly and hide my identity before anyone finds out, I need more information. And where else could I find it but the library?" I explained.

He nodded in understanding, preparing to leave. "Oh, I almost forgot," he said, reaching into one of the drawers of his desk. To my surprise, he pulled out a bag.

"How on earth did that fit?" I asked, my eyes widening in surprise.

"Come on, that shouldn't be a surprise to you," he replied with a smirk.