Chapter 64

| RED'S POV |

"Red, enough with the movement. My head is spinning," Ana said, sounding frustrated as she laid on her bed, scrolling through Witchagram. Ever since I heard from Aunt May a few hours ago, I have been restless about her coming here.

"What if the soul eaters attack again? What if they take both Uncle J and Aunt May? What if..." I trailed off, anxiously running through all the possible scenarios in my mind.

"Red, listen to Ana and relax," Reyes voiced out in my mind, breaking my train of thought. I sighed and jumped on my bed, checking the time on my phone for the eleventh time. I wondered how far they could be and how they would even enter here without people smelling Aunt May's distinct scent.

"Your uncle has that covered," Reyes mentioned, and that's when I felt even more suspicious about him. I never had time to question how he just knew about so many things. I mean, it's nice for someone to tell you what's yet to come, but if one could calmly think about it, it was not entirely normal.

"Reyes, how do you know?" I replied back in my mind, frustration creeping into my tone. Once again, he was silent. Whenever I tried asking him things like this, he would always keep shut, and I'm starting to get tired of it.

"Red!" my mind snapped back to reality when I saw Avery barging into the room, looking upset.

What did I do now?

"Xavier, really?" Her voice was stern and annoyed as she questioned me about including him. During my last class, I had informed Ana, Jacob, and Dean about Xavier knowing my identity. Avery wasn't in that class, so I had planned to tell her later.

Seems like I was too late.

"Who told you?" I asked, sitting back up on my bed, trying to figure out the source of the leak.

"Jacob," she replied, her frustration evident.

"You can't possibly be angry with Red," Ana chimed in, shutting her phone off. "I mean, he was the one who approached her about it. This should all be transferred to him," she said, coming to my defense. I was grateful that at least she understood the situation.

"It's not that I'm upset with her," Avery mumbled, moving towards my bed. "I'm just so tired of new things popping up. We already have a lot on our plate with the dark souls and the Dark Lord coming back, and now Xavier knows about you. What if he tells his mom?" Avery explained, her frustration palpable. I nodded in understanding.

"He won't," I glanced at both Avery and Ana as I spoke. "He's just confused, and he wants to be part of everything that's going on."

"Why? None of this involves him," Ana said, puzzled by Xavier's sudden interest.

"Actually, it does, in a way," I paused, allowing the weight of my words to sink in. They both stayed silent, waiting for me to continue. "So, I just found out that his mom and mine were friends," I revealed.

"What?!" they exclaimed in unison, clearly taken aback by the revelation.

"That's big," Avery said, taking a deep breath. Ana nodded in agreement.

"Wait, you said he wants to be part," Ana interjected. I nodded. "You do know that it means telling your uncle and Mr. Caddel about him knowing about this and his mom's involvement," Avery stated, pointing out another problem.

"And from the way things are, he and Mr. Caddel seem to hate each other," Ana added, highlighting the complications.

I felt fed up with everything. This is why I need Aunt May. She would figure some things out for me.