Chapter 25

Above is Nicholas aesthetic 🔥

*******

RED POV

"I know I have a lot to explain, but I promise I will," I said, leaving the others still dazed by the revelation that Guardian Nicholas was my new guardian. I couldn't understand why they were making such a big deal out of it. Sure, his presence and aura were indescribable, and he was one of the strongest warriors, but he was still just a being.

A very sexy being.

My inner voice chimed in, acknowledging the undeniable allure of his presence. Unfortunately, I couldn't argue with that sentiment. I made my way to his office, managing to find it by following closely behind him, maintaining a distance of only ten feet.

He entered his office, leaving the door open and waiting for me to arrive. As I reached his office, my body unexpectedly filled with anticipation. Was I excited to see him-or rather, excited for him to see me?

I stood at the front of the door, hoping he would sense my presence and acknowledge me. Instead, he remained engrossed in a book, and an uncomfortable silence settled in the room.

After what felt like an eternity, he finally spoke. "Are you going to keep standing there like a statue, or are you going to shut the door?" His voice lacked any sign of warmth or welcome, and a sense of fear washed over me.

"S-Sorry," I stuttered, cursing my own foolishness. I entered the office, slowly closing the door behind me, hoping he would sense my unease and allow it to remain open. But he didn't.

I didn't move much; I simply stood behind the closed door, waiting for him to initiate the conversation since he was the one who summoned me.

"Please sit, Red," he finally raised his head, causing me to gasp silently. I understood why he affected me the way he did, but it left me confused.

Maybe I'm just not accustomed to seeing such extraordinarily attractive people; that must be it.

Desperately hoping that was the case, I made my way to the chair positioned in front of his desk and took a seat.

"I know Guardian Jayden didn't inform you earlier about the change in guardians. Trust me, I didn't know about it either. It came as a shock to me," he explained, and it suddenly dawned on me who he was referring to.

So that's his full name- Jayden Hathaway. Not bad.

"It's all good, Guardian Nicholas," I reassured him, wanting to convey that I wasn't upset, just confused about the sudden change. However, as I did, I noticed his eyes transition from their beautiful blue hue to a darker shade of blue. Had my words upset him?

"I understand that you are all new to this, but I don't allow students to address me by my first name. You are to refer to me as Mr. Caddel. Understood?" His tone held a tinge of anger, leaving me puzzled as to what I had said to provoke such a reaction.

"O-Okay," I replied, my voice trembling slightly.

"Okay, what?" he pressed further, leaning back in his seat, awaiting my response.

Is he serious?

"Okay, Mr. Caddel," I replied, finally understanding his expectations.

"Good. Now that we have cleared that up, Guardian Jayden informed me that you were attacked," he stated, causing my eyes to widen in shock and annoyance. Why would Uncle J tell him of all people?

"Um... yeah, but it wasn't that serious," I shrugged dismissively, refusing to let the incident affect me in any significant way.

Suddenly, he rose from his seat and walked over to the chair adjacent to mine, sitting down. Now he was in close proximity to me, and a sense of unease washed over me.