Chapter 73

| RED'S POV |

" Mark me Temporarily Nicolas,"

The room fell into a heavy silence as I spoke those words. Doubt crept in, wondering if I had made a mistake. Nicholas remained silent, his face unreadable, and I immediately felt a rush of regret.

"I'm sorry, it just slipped out," I apologized, feeling his hands around waist and i felt my back hit the bed. Surprised by his sudden touch, I whispered his name, shocked and intrigued by his actions.

"Are you sure?" His voice deepened, strained with desire. His intense gaze locked with mine, his eyes now a mesmerizing shade of dark blue.

"Yes," I answered, my voice steady, devoid of fear. I held his gaze, my heart pounding in my chest, as he leaned closer, his breath warm, brushing against my skin.

"Your racing heart reveals your fear," he observed, his nose nuzzling against my neck. A jolt of desire coursed through me, igniting a fire within. This was different from his previous touch, and I yearned for more.

"Just a normal reaction to something new," I managed, my mouth dry. "Will it hurt?"

"Not sure," he admitted, his voice uncertain. "For female wolves, it can be painful. But you're different. You heal quickly, so I don't think it will."

"Okay then, do it," I whispered, filled with anticipation and trust.

"I will, in due time," he murmured against my skin, his kisses trailing slowly along my neck, leaving a trail of fire in their wake. But before he could continue, he paused, his grip tightening around my waist. "First, I need to calm my mate," he declared, his voice low and husky.

"How?" I began to ask, but my words were silenced by the press of his lips against mine. A moan escaped my throat as his tongue danced with mine, igniting a passionate inferno within me. My legs instinctively wrapped around his waist, pulling him closer, the warmth of his bare skin against mine driving me wild. My fingers traced his chest, exploring his body, before teasingly squeezing his firm abs.

"I knew you loved them," he breathed out with a hint of amusement, breaking the kiss for a moment before reclaiming my lips with a renewed intensity. His hand, previously exploring beneath my top, continued its tantalizing journey across my skin, inching closer to my breast but deliberately diverting downward. "Don't worry, we won't go too far. This is just to calm you down. I plan on claiming you when all of this is over."

"Promise," I gasped, my mind clouded with desire and surrender.

He grinned, peppering kisses along my jawline. "Promise," he murmured. "Now are you ready, love?"

I nodded. " Yes," my eyes closed ready for what yet to come, I felt a quick kiss at the nape of my neck," I'll be gentle okay," he whispered, making the fear once there gone.

His warm breath cascaded over my skin. As his lips made contact, a shiver coursed through my body, sending a jolt of electricity down my spine.

The moment his teeth gently grazed my flesh, a surge of sensations flooded my senses. " Ahh," I breathe out, gripping his shoulders tightly. There was a tinge of pressure, a slight ache, mingled with an intoxicating blend of pleasure and pain. It was as if an invisible bond was being etched into my very being, connecting us on a primal level.

As his bite deepened, I felt my body calm down, a rush of euphoria washed over me, transcending the physical realm. It was an indescribable mix of desire, acceptance, and a profound sense of unity.

With each heartbeat, I could feel the essence of his being seeping into mine, intertwining our souls in an unbreakable bond. It was an overwhelming surge of emotions, a flood of love, trust, and an undeniable recognition of our destined union.