Chapter 76

| RED'S POV |

We entered the training area, the anticipation thick in the air. The only sound was the steady rhythm of warrior footsteps, echoing the gravity of the moment. It was time for the Dark Lord to face the consequences of his actions. I had instructed Brian to hide Aunt May, knowing she couldn't be near him. I hoped she was safe wherever she was.

It was ironic how this all began with me entering college. Who could have imagined it would lead to me becoming a hybrid, having a wolf as a mate, and now attempting to kill someone? What a twist fate had thrown my way.

With a forceful push, I swung open the door and froze. The footsteps of the warriors halted simultaneously with mine. The Dark Lord sat smirking on what appeared to be a throne, his surroundings transformed into a grand palace. Did he seriously believe he could win?

"Ah, always punctual, I see," the Dark Lord sneered, rising from his throne and pacing around.

"Glad you made yourself welcome, but it's getting late. You should leave," I retorted, attempting a joke. An evil laugh echoed through the room. Nicholas had been right about the Dark Lord's minions being present. They stood like statues, their gaze fixed on me. But I was searching for Gwen and Nicholas.

"Where's Nicholas?" I spat out, earning an evil grin from the Dark Lord.

"Ah, your mate," he said, stepping closer. "You know, they say that one's weakness is their beloved. I never truly grasped the statement until now," he taunted, pointing upward and directing my attention. " Time to prove saying wrong, hybrid,"

I slowly lifted my gaze, and the others followed suit. My throat tightened as I whispered, "Nicholas." He hung unconscious, enveloped by a black, slimy creature reminiscent of the one that had caged me before.

"She has no choice," Gwen's voice cut through the tension. She entered the room, her face partially burnt, but the regret of not burning her entirely fueled my determination. "Now, do you, Hybrid?"

"She does," Xavier's voice thundered, interrupting the charged atmosphere. He stood at the entrance, his gaze filled with an intense hatred for his father, the Dark Lord, matching my own, if not exceeding it.

"Hmm, surprised you would even come," the Dark Lord sneered, showcasing his fangs. "I suppose I can always have more children through your mother."

"Don't you dare mention her!" Xavier shouted, his fist clenched as he moved toward the Dark Lord. I grabbed his arm, and he glanced at me, his anger subsiding.

The Dark Lord smirked, approaching Gwen. He placed his hand on her shoulder. "Kill them," he commanded, his gaze fixated on me. "All of them." And with that, he disappeared, leaving behind a trail of dark dust.

"With pleasure," Gwen grinned, her body transforming into a hideous wolf, scarred and menacing. It resembled the creature we encountered at the mall, but now it appeared even more terrifying. "You heard the man, kill them!" she growled, and the mindless creatures around her shifted into wolves, revealing their true nature as shape-shifters.

"Attack!" shouted one of the warriors from behind me, and in an instant, chaos ensued. The warriors transformed into wolves, engaging the shape-shifters in a brutal battle.

"Did we miss the party?" Jacob gasped, running towards us with a long gun in his hand. My heart swelled with joy as I saw the rest of our group-Avery, Ana, Dean, and Uncle-all standing behind me.

"What's this? A family gathering?" Gwen mocked, her voice now taking on a deeper, male tone.

I smirked, feeling a surge of determination. "Yes, my family."