Chapter 24: Unveiling the intrigue

About is Nicholas Caddel aesthetic ✨

~~~~~

Red POV

"Ah!" Ana let out a sudden scream, causing Avery to slap her forehead in exasperation.

"Sorry, but you know I couldn't keep it in," Ana justified herself to Avery before turning her attention to me. She swiftly grabbed me and pushed me onto one of the desks, ensuring I was seated.

"Ana, I'm not sure, but I just think..." I began, but she promptly covered my mouth with her hand, much like how Avery had done to her moments ago.

"Don't care about that right now. First things first... Who is he? Is he new? And most importantly, does he scream 'Sex in paradise'?" Ana bombarded me with questions, her words tumbling out as she eagerly awaited my response. I struggled to answer, as her grip on me was surprisingly strong.

"Why suffocate the poor girl with your iron hand?" Avery intervened, coming to my aid. She helped me remove Ana's hand and whispered a sincere "Sorry" to me.

"Thank you," I said gratefully, glancing at Ana, who raised an eyebrow, anticipating further information.

"Well, who is the new guardian?" she bluntly inquired, hitting the nail on the head.

A good question indeed. Who was he?

I didn't know, nor did I bother to ask my uncle. I was too overwhelmed by his captivating presence, the way he gazed into my eyes. Was I in too deep?

"Honestly, I don't know, guys," I confessed, and both Ana and Avery stared back at me, their expressions mirroring confusion.

"Let me summarize this quickly: you met a guardian, instantly fell for him, and you don't even know his name? Was he so hot that you were rendered speechless?" Avery remarked, looking at me as though I had lost my mind.

"I didn't say I like him..." I trailed off, attempting to make my denial believable, although my reddening cheeks may have given me away.

"Right," Ana rolled her eyes in disbelief.

"Well, whatever it may be, just be careful and-" Ana couldn't finish her sentence as a sudden announcement interrupted her.

"STUDENTS OF MYSTIC HIGH, IT IS INSTRUCTED THAT ALL OF YOU MUST GATHER OUTSIDE TO WELCOME A VERY SPECIAL GUEST, SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW THEM QUITE WELL. IMMEDIATELY!" The voice echoed through the air before abruptly cutting off.

"Ana, I swear, don't-" I started to caution her, but it was too late. "YOU GUYS, IT'S ABOUT HIM! WE NEED TO GET TO THE FRONT ROW NOW, PRETTY PLEASE!" Ana exclaimed, unable to contain her excitement.

"I forgot to ask... What's his name, though?" I inquired, but Ana's response left me surprised.

"Why ask? The answer is outside the school," she replied, swinging the door open. I was taken aback by the flood of students rushing out of their classrooms, especially the girls.

"See, they're going to secure the first row," Ana grumbled with annoyance. Without wasting a moment, she tightly held both mine and Avery's hands, leading us towards the door.

"Ana, you're going to break our hands," Avery complained, but her plea fell on deaf ears. I lacked the strength to resist, so I allowed her to guide us outside.

Finally, we made it outside, but it seemed we were already late. The students had gathered outside, waiting for the arrival of the so-called special guest.

"Damn, we're late," Ana uttered, a hint of disappointment in her voice as she released our arms.

"Boomer," Avery nonchalantly commented, rubbing her wrist, which now bore a mark.