Chapter 75

| RED'S POV |

This felt wrong.

Trapped within the confines of my prison cell, I couldn't shake the unsettling feeling that the Dark was plotting something with Morgan. The elders remained oblivious to his true nature, and it felt like a personal vendetta. The scent of blood hung heavy in the air, threatening to overwhelm my senses. The nauseating stench made me want to retch, but I resisted, not wanting to intensify the foul odor.

The floor was no place to sit, crawling with flies. I wondered if they were merely attracted to the floor or if they detected the lingering traces of flesh from past prisoners.

"Argh!" The guard's scream pierced the air, jolting me from my thoughts. His lifeless body lay sprawled on the floor, blood pooling around him, painting the room in a macabre display of death.

"I've found you," I gasped, my eyes fixated on the man, or rather, the creature, wearing a smug grin. He stood tall, almost towering over me. With every step he took, anger burned in his eyes, causing my heart to race. I couldn't rely on my powers within the cell; it seemed to suppress them, leaving me defenseless. Even if I attempted to escape, I doubted this giant would grant me the opportunity.

"Who are you?" I managed to speak, attempting to conceal my fear.

"I don't think that's the question. Your question should be, 'Will you survive tonight?'" he retorted, his words sending a chill down my spine.

It couldn't be.

"The Dark Lord will be pleased with my offering," the man grinned, revealing brown, decaying teeth. His appearance was that of someone starved, unkempt, and manipulated.

He gripped the cell door handle, and panic surged through me as I desperately searched for any possible means of escape. But all I saw were chains and deadly machines, designed for one purpose: killing. A daring idea sparked in my mind, one that I had never before considered.

Could I?

"Come closer," the sound of the cell tearing apart caught my attention. The man approached, and my feet instinctively moved toward the small opening. But before I could make my escape, he grabbed hold of me, his touch repulsing me.

"Let me go!" I protested, repulsed by his grip. His hand tightened around my waist, and suddenly, I felt him sniffing me. "You smell delightful, a hybrid. Perhaps I'll indulge in you for a few moments before presenting you to the Dark Lord."

"You're insane!" I lashed out, slapping him across the face, the sound echoing through the room. His expression shifted, and in an instant, I found myself slammed against the wall. A crack reverberated within me, but I knew I would heal soon. "You despicable creature! I'll teach you a lesson," he grunted, his footsteps closing in on me.

I swiftly rose to my feet and darted toward a nearby sharp, elongated knife. "What do you plan to do with that, little child?" he sneered. A smirk curled upon my lips.

"It seems you have no idea why they call me the hybrid," I taunted, my smile momentarily unsettling him. Flames erupted from my hands, engulfing the blade in fire. Realizing the tables had turned against him, he attempted to flee, but my anger had consumed me, and I had lost control.

I hurled the blazing knife at him, eliciting a pained groan as the fire consumed his body, turning him into a living inferno.

" Woah," I looked up and saw Uncle J and Aunt May standing there, holding guns. Their faces were filled with shock and disbelief at the sight before them. " Now that's a hunter," Uncle J commented, giving me a reassuring smile, while Aunt May hurriedly came over and embraced me.