Chapter 70

| RED'S POV|

" I'm waiting son,"

The commanding voice of the Dark Lord sent a shiver down my spine, causing Xavier to instinctively retreat until he stood just behind me. My mind spun with disbelief, for I had not anticipated encountering the Dark Lord himself in this place. While I had expected Morgan's arrival and suspected Gwen's presence nearby, the presence of the Dark Lord was entirely unexpected.

My thoughts scattered, leaving me in a state of confusion. I hadn't prepared myself for this encounter. The Dark Lord's gaze fixated upon me, his lips curling into a sinister smirk. "Red," he called my name, relishing in my disorientation. "You seem confused," he taunted, an air of amusement surrounding him. The resemblance between him and Xavier was uncanny, from their shared features to the spark of mischief that ignited in their eyes whenever a cunning plan was conceived. That resemblance only deepened the fear coiling within me.

How could I possibly escape this dire situation?

Just as the Dark Lord was about to stride forward, he stumbled, his frustration evident as he growled at Morgan. "I thought you assured me that the blood would be sufficient!" Morgan trembled slightly, attempting to steady herself on unsteady feet.

Xavier's voice, barely a whisper, tickled my ears unnoticed by the others. "What is he talking about?" he inquired,

I knew what he was talking about, but explaining things to him in a time like this really wasn't what I was up to.

"Red, you need to leave, it's not safe." Reyes urgently pleaded for my departure. However, I ignored his words, feeling the weariness of constantly running and the frustration of others dictating what was supposedly in my best interest. I had come here to find answers from Nicholas, and I refused to leave without him.

"Don't fret, we can always extract more from the source," Morgan smirked, her eyes locked onto mine as she stood beside the Dark Lord. A tremor of fear coursed through me, causing me to gulp nervously.

" Don't you dare lay a finger on her!" Xavier, unable to tolerate the impending threat, snapped with a fiery resolve, his eyes aglow as he approached them. But in the blink of an eye, he was effortlessly hurled against the wall, his body crashing with a sickening impact. "What shall we do with him?" Morgan taunted, her tone laced with sadistic amusement, as she prepared to unleash her spell upon Xavier.

Drawing upon fragments of spells I had learned from Avery, I knew that now was the time to test the full extent of my newfound abilities. Though Avery had assured me they would not be necessary, the circumstances demanded their unveiling. I whispered the incantation, lifting my right hand to conjure the magic. In an instant, Morgan was flung against the opposing wall with a forceful impact, while Xavier collapsed to the ground, momentarily freed from her grasp.

Morgan's lips curled into a sadistic grin as she spat out blood, her purple eyes glowing with malevolence. "You bitch!" she snarled, her voice dripping with venom. "I should have ended you long ago."

" Enough!" The Dark Lord swiftly silenced her, his stern gaze fixed upon me. "Xavier, stay out of this or else I will forget you're my blood," he admonished, his frown etched deeply upon his face. In a matter of seconds, he materialized in front of me, his grip tightening around my throat. The sight of his elongating fangs and blood-red eyes sent terror coursing through my veins, leaving me gasping for breath.

" Leave her-," Xavier attempted to come to my aid, but Morgan swiftly interrupted him, casting a spell that bound him against the wall with a chain of leaves. I desperately struck at the Dark Lord's hand, trying to free myself, but it only served to worsen the situation as his grip tightened further. "You see," he hissed, his fangs nearing my vulnerable neck, "I have slumbered for far too long, and the taste of hybrid blood is irresistible. Your parents were the perfect ingredients to create you, and now you will serve as my personal blood bank."