Chapter 11 - Trapped and Desperate

Red Pov

Have you ever found yourself in a suffocating situation, where the weight of the world presses down upon you, and the only options that seem viable are to vanish into thin air or simply cease to exist? If you haven't experienced such an ordeal, then consider yourself remarkably fortunate. As for me, I yearned for luck's embrace more fervently than ever.

The room felt like a prison, its walls closing in on me with a vengeful determination. I imagined them splintering, crashing into a thousand shards, ready to pierce my fragile form. Or perhaps the floor would yawn open, a merciless abyss eager to devour my soul and bring an end to my darkest miseries. But alas, none of my fanciful dreams transpired, as reality sneered at me through the stranger's visage.

Surprise etched itself onto his features, swiftly overtaken by shock, and then a smoldering anger that sent shivers cascading down my spine. These were no ordinary beings I faced. They were creatures caught between the realms of day and night, embodying the mystique of both worlds. One of them, aged with wisdom and weariness, probed me with a barrage of questions. Yet, my ears, overwhelmed by the weight of my predicament, sealed themselves shut, and my pounding heart drowned out all sound. In that moment, my mind echoed a single refrain:

Why did it all go wrong?

A few minutes earlier...

"How dare he?" I seethed, my inner voice awash with indignation. "Just because he possesses some wretched powers, he lacks the audacity to leave me here alone? Only the heavens know how long he intends to keep me confined."

But expressing my frustration proved impossible. No, it was worse than that. I couldn't even move, trapped in a maddening stillness that threatened to consume my sanity. And if I dared to utter the word 'fuck'-oh, trust me-I must have shattered the fragile barrier of my composure. It was no laughing matter. Not in the slightest.

My body contorted into an unnatural position, leaning forward, while my head twisted to the side, fixated on the door he callously slammed in my face. He had the audacity to explain things to me, as if that made it all better.

"It's for my own good," he had said, his voice dripping with a twisted sense of righteousness.

"It's the only way," HE SAID!

The very notion that those in power would allow hunters like him to wield magic, without considering the consequences, left a sour taste in my mouth. If I could only get my hands on him...

"Red, could you keep quiet? You're disturbing my eardrums," a voice resonated within the depths of my mind, jolting me out of my inner turmoil.

An icy chill raced down my spine. Who in the heavens spoke those words? Was I on the brink of death, fumbling through the clutches of a malevolent entity, awaiting my gruesome demise? why did I block out Uncle J?

"I thought you were planning to harm your uncle. Why so scared then?" the voice continued, its tone laced with a sly curiosity.

For a demon, he seemed to possess an uncanny ability to stretch out the suspense, to prolong the torment. I strained to listen to the orientation taking place in the hall, desperate to catch any sliver of information. So, I implored the voice to remain silent, to allow me a chance to decipher the chaos unfolding beyond my prison.

And then it struck me. That was precisely why he had left. He didn't want me to be surrounded by them, ensnared in their web of danger. But why couldn't he have just told me?

"Red, my dear, please stay here till I figure a way to bring you out," I grumbled, my neck protesting against the unnatural angle that threatened to leave me with a permanent ache.