Story 3-Part 5

CASEY POV

"Thanks, Terry. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Later, Casey. You sure you don't wanna come drinking with Matt and I?"

"Yeah, man. I gotta get home. Dealing with that Karen was fucking exhausting."

"Touché, but you handle them the best."

"Becuase I control my temper, unlike Tony and Reggio."

"Ey, when you're right, you're right."

With that I waved to my boss and left the car body shop. I only lived a few blocks from the shop so it didn't take me more than ten minutes to get home.

"Casey!"

Hmm?

I was passing by a laundry mat I used to go to and the owner was standing outside. My height, short sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. Navy green shirt and regular cut blue jeans.

He was the one to say my name.

"Jeremy, hey bud. How's work going?"

"Business is booming. I'm actually just picking up the till from this week. Making some pretty good money. Speaking of, How come I haven't seen you drop by in a while?"

"The machines at my place are working again."

"Fine, then we gotta chill sometime. You're pretty cool."

"Well thanks, but right now isn't a good time for me. I'm going through some personal stuff."

"Well alright. I get it. I had that problem a while ago. Whatever you're going through, it will get better."

"Yeah, hopefully. Later, man. I'll text you."

"Mhmm."

I haven't seen that guy in a minute. His story is kind of sad. From what I've been told he use to work for Shredder, but then went crazy or something and got sent to an asylum. Poor bastard probably thinks it was all a dream.

I walked the rest of the way home and as I made it there I saw a cloaked figure and Irma standing there. Irma looked upset, and I couldn't see the fully cloaked figure. But by the color of the cloak, I knew who it was.

"Venus? Irma? What's up?"

The cloaked figure looked towards Irma and Irma whimpered in response.

"Do it. It is not your say in the matter, it is his."

"It'll just be a reminder of that night."

"It is sad that you think so little of him. He is an adult. He can make the call for himself. Give it to him."

Irma growled at the cloaked figure, but then I heard a growl come from the cloaked figure, then Irma whimpered and immediately looked at me and held out an envelope.

"I-I went through your mail and saw that Donnie sent you a piece of mail... so I took it."

I took it from her and stared at it for a second, then turned to the figure.

"Wh-Why did he send me this?"

"You'll have to read it. But if you would rather not look at it, fine. Just remember that everything needs a form of closure. Don't hold off on this for too long, Casey Jones. Now, Irma-"

"Casey!"

Hmm?

Jeremy?

The guy was running up to me and as he halted, he paused, breathing as heavy as a fat guy climbing up two steps.

"You good, man?"

"Yeah... been a bit since I've had to run like that... here. You dropped your wallet back there."

"Whoa, thanks for catching that. You chased me for this?"

"Well, I didn't know how fast you were. Or even if I would catch up."

"Yeah, well, ya got lucky. My friends stopped me. Irma, Venus, this is my friend, Jeremy. Jeremy, the cloaked figure is Venus, and the girl with the black hair and green eyes is Irma."

Irma smiled at him, but he seemed to instantly fixate on Venus.

He even froze.

"Jeremy? Bro, you good?"

He tried to speak, but nothing came out.

"It must be my presence, Casey. The first time we met was a scarring experience. We shall take our leave. Come along, Irma."

Before Irma could protest, they both disappeared from site.

Jeremy didn't react, he didn't even seem phased that she disappeared. But he did get sad all of a sudden.

"Dammit."

"What?"

"I wanted to tell her something?"

"What?"

"That all is forgiven."

"What? What did she do that would make her say sorry to you?

"Uh... well, let's see if you can figure it out. Follow me. I live just a little farther than you."

"Alright I got nothing to do right now anyways."

I followed him down the street listening to the hustle and bustle of the late day.

The walk took about ten more minutes, then, instead of going up, we went down a floor.

His apartment was a large one bedroom and he led me to this room that looked like a study, pulled something off the wall, and handed it to me.

"What's this?"

"It' a note from Venus. She gave it to me while I was in the psych ward."

"Alright."

Dear, Jeremy. I want you to know that I am not the girl you saw two years ago. I am no longer working with Shredder, I'm not cruel like that anymore, and I'm sorry. Sorry for forcing myself onto you, sorry for torturing you the way I did, I'm sorry I made you the way you are today. Even it you don't forgive me, just know what I did was a big regret of mine. Signed Venus.

"Hmm... did she rape you?"

"Yes. She got me nearly black out drunk, then forced herself onto me. After she was done she sewed my mouth shut with a wire."

"Oh shit."

"Yeah, I swore off saying anything to anyone, drove me crazy, ended up in an asylum. But here I am now."

"And you can just forgive her? How? Why?"

"Well... I personally think that holding on to things like this, especially in situations where others aren't of sound mind, isn't good, and it isn't healthy. I let it go because I understand that she had no intentions prior to that situation. I just... don't think she deserves to be hated."

"Hmm."

Damn. I knew Donnie wasn't right in the head when he did that.

I looked at the envelope in my hand, then sighed.

"Fuck."

I gotta see what this says.