Story 3- Part 9

CASEY POV

"She won't come, Dude. She thinks you're still afraid of her."

"But I'm not. Please, Case? It would mean the fucking world to me. Come on. Please."

"Alright, alright. Keep your fucking pants on. Gimme a second."

We were standing on my roof top and I moved to the center of the rooftop and looked around to make sure nobody but Jeremy was watching.

"Venus!"

Normally she would appear, but she didn't.

However, my phone did go off.

"Hey V."

"What game are you playing at, Case?"

"Wha do you mean, Venus."

"I see him there with you. Why are you-"

"He wants to talk with you. He asked me to do this. Won't you just stop by and see what he wants? Raph told me you've been on Don's ass the past couple of days about my situation, live up to example and do this."

"Fine, but if mount Everest crumbles or I cause a sunami, I'm blaming you."

"Fair enough."

She appeared between us, her back facing me. She still had her cape on, but she had her hood off, exposing her face and mask.

"Hello, Jeremy. What did you want to say?"

Oh shit.

Did he really just freeze up again.

I walked over to him and pushed him forward, making him unfreeze as he caught himself and immediately looked at Venus again.

"Sorry. I do that sometimes. Uh, I just wanted to say thank you for the apology, and for fixing me up again. I appreciate it. And I accept your apology."

"Oh. Well, thank you."

"A-And I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?"

Venus looked back at me briefly, then back at him.

"Are sure you would want to date someone who is made up of so many things that you cannot discern what she is?"

"What do you mean?"

Venus dropped the cape she was wearing, then there was a blinding flash. Both Jeremy and I had to look away.

When we looked back Human Venus stood there. She had ivory skin, bright green eyes, blond hair flowing around her, and she had on a baby blue dress.

But then, off her back, stretched out completely as if she was about to take off, was a set of black wings.

"Take a look, Jeremy. I am no mere mortal. Understand that I have duties beyond this world, and understand that I have seen and have dealt with horrors beyond your recognition."

Her eyes started glowing red and as she lifted her wings, the tips of them started to glow the same glow.

"Do you still want to date one who was, is, and will always be a monster."

I could see him nod his head slowly and Venus immediately changed form, back to her usual mutant form with the wing prints on her shell, then she put her cape back on, and gave him a small smile.

"Alright, Jeremy. We can go on a date. You pick the place, I'll pick the time."

"O-Okay."

With that she lit on fire, then turned into nothing.