Chapter 26 (Xmas part 2)

Maci's POV:
Nauseous. That's what I've been feeling for the past week. At first I thought it was something I ate since Aiden and I tried a new seafood joint three towns over but after the fifth day I realized that there's a possibility it was something totally different. So as I nibble on a piece of turkey and a roll with some honey on it I think about the test that's burning a hole in my pocket. Feeling like I might be sick again I excuse myself and make my way to the bathroom to empty my stomach and finally take the test. I make sure to lock the door behind me before emptying my stomach again. I quickly unpackage the test and quickly take it. I wait the the 5 minutes before flipping it over to see the plus sign. Well shit! This is going to be fun telling Travis. We were safe every time we had sex so I... oh shit that time in his truck. Fuck I forgot to get the plan B. Whoops! I wash my hands grab some Kleenex and wrap the test in it before slipping it back into my pocket.
I take a detour to the downstairs spare room where the extra wrapping stuff is and I quickly wrap up the test in a small gift boxes and write Travis's name on the box before walking to the closest Xmas tree and place it under it. I walk back into the dining room just as the desserts were being passed around the table. "Hey babe you good?" Trav asks me "yeah just needed the bathroom" I tell him as I sit next to him. He passes me a slice of apple pie which is amazing and shockingly it stays down. Hmm win win.
Thirty minutes later all of us pile into both rooms as the "adults" start sorting out the gifts for everyone. Everyone starts ripping open their gifts while I just sit there enjoying the show. A couple of gifts land in my lap and I quickly rip them open. The first gift was a brand new PINK hoodie, the second gift was a gift card to Ulta and the final gift is a gift card to my favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse. "Thanks Mr and Mrs Briggs." I say to Travs parents. "Oh no problem sweetie and call us by our first names or mom and dads." Kia tells me as she helps little Tanner open one of his gifts. For some reason their parents of all of the families make their kids wait til after their guests have opened their gifts. Then they go last. "Okay kids now you can open up your gifts" Rachel shouts out to everyone. I watch Trav, his siblings and cousins rip open their gifts. He grabs the little box holding my gift and starts opening it. I watch him pull the tissue off of the test and he looks at it with a confused look until he flips it over and freezes. His eyes meet mine and I quietly nod. He flies off of the couch, picks me and swings me around. "Are you serious babe? You're carrying my baby?" He asks excitedly. "Yeah we are. We need to see the doc after the holidays. I literally just found out that I was pregnant thirty minutes ago." I tell him as he kisses all over my face. A throat clears and we turn around totally forgetting we weren't alone. "Son am I going to be a grandfather?" Tristan asks his son. "Yeah Pops it seems so" Trav says without letting go of me. He smiles and puts his arms around both of us. "Welcome to the family Maci and congratulations!" He shouts as the moms take turns hugging us and congratulating us. Finally it's the "adults" turn to open their gifts. I watch them opening up the boxes and bags meant for them. Frankie and Dylan passed a box over to Kia and a box to Rachel since their moms aren't around. Kia opens the box from Frankie and gasps at the cute little blue booties in the box.

"Oh my god you're having a boy!! That's so exciting!" She squeals out as she hugs Frankie

"Oh my god you're having a boy!! That's so exciting!" She squeals out as she hugs Frankie. Rachel opens up Dylan's box and smiles at her. "You're having a girl. Aww a sweet little girl" Rachel says as she shows Kia the little pink booties in her box.

 Aww a sweet little girl" Rachel says as she shows Kia the little pink booties in her box

Charlie and Maddox hand their boxes to their parents before returning to their seats. Mark opens Charlie's box pulling out a picture "wow you've gotta be shitting me? Twins? A boy and a girl? Shit we can push out multiples" he says before a loud slap is heard with a "ow" being said by Mark.

 Mark opens Charlie's box pulling out a picture "wow you've gotta be shitting me? Twins? A boy and a girl? Shit we can push out multiples" he says before a loud slap is heard with a "ow" being said by Mark

"Congrats hun" Court says as she begins opening the box Maddox gave her. She pulls out two onesies and a sign that says "we are excited to say that two little boys are on the way! "Omg! Two boys! Identical?" She asks Maddox "no fraternal mom" he says as she hugs him hard.

 She pulls out two onesies and a sign that says "we are excited to say that two little boys are on the way! "Omg! Two boys! Identical?" She asks Maddox "no fraternal mom" he says as she hugs him hard

Everyone finishes unwrapping their gifts as I snack on some chocolate chip cookies and tea. I'm curled up in Travs lap while he talks with his dads. I close my eyes just to rest my eyes when darkness takes over and I'm out for the count.