Peeta x Reader part 2

For @LoveLikeWar_ because she requested a part two of my last Peeta Imagine. Enjoy :)

The words "I love you" have been stuck in your brain ever since Peeta mouthed them. At first you didn't believe it, you thought you made it up, but you remember it so vividly. He loves you.

It's been some time now since the Hunger Games have begun. You watched through the projections as Peeta was dressed up for the cameras in the Capitol and all of his interviews.

And then those words "I love you" popped back into your head, but this time you wanted to forget about it. During Peeta's last interview he was asked if had anyone he loved. He said no, but Ceaser persisted and Peeta said that there was one girl he has had his eyes on.

You thought it was you, you thought he was going to look at the camera and mouth those words again but he didn't. Instead he said that the girl he loves came to the Capitol with him. Your heart broke right then and there, and you turned off the projection and ran outside.

You didn't want to watch anymore but you did when everyone went into the Arena. You were still scared for Peeta. You didn't want him to die.

He survived for longer than you expected but Cato struck Peeta with a sword and he had to run away. Luckily his time at the bakery came in handy and he camouflaged himself, but you knew he wouldn't last long without food and water, and what if an animal approached him?

Then an announcement said that two people from the same District can become victors and Katniss, who was reaped also, found Peeta and helped him.

At first you were ok with it, because Peeta needed the help and he wouldn't be able to win by himself. But as they spent more time together you saw as they would hold one another, and tell secrets to each other.

One moment out of them all was soul crushing. Katniss kissed Peeta... and he let her. You cried for hours and didn't watch the rest of the Games. Your mother filled you in on what happened in the Arena but you found yourself not even caring.

You stayed at home and never left the house. You usually spent your time cooped up on your bed crying quietly or just staring at the wall hoping that Peeta would come back and say it was all fake; that he really loves you.

Sooner than later Katniss and Peeta arrived back in District 12, but moved into the victors houses. They lived really comfortable and spoiled lives. You didn't leave the house even when they returned, or when they moved in, or the day after.

Apparently Peeta came to the house to see you once, but your mother showed him off. You didn't even know. What was he going to say? Why did he want to see you? Now you don't even care.

A couple of days after Katniss and Peeta moved in to the victors homes, you started to move around the house, and one day you even walked outside. You knew you had to get over it, but you were so scared about running into Peeta. You don't want to see or talk to him.

One day your mother told you to go into the markets to get some milk, but it was winter time so you had to wrap your bed blanket around you to keep warm.

You bought the milk and talked for a while with the person who served you, until you saw someone from the corner of your eye and your heart stopped. You turned to look and you saw Katniss walking through the markets. She made eye contact with you once, but once was all it took for you to turn around and immediately run home.

The next day you went for a walk in the woods, you actually used to go with Katniss when you two were younger, but for some reason you both just stopped talking to one another.

While walking through the woods you heard someone following you so you sped up your walking. The person followed quickly behind so you began to run, but your follower called out to you.

"(Y/N), wait!"

It was a female voice. It was Katniss. You didn't want to turn around but you did, and Katniss walked over to you.

"What is it?" You asked.

"Look, I know that you have feelings for Peeta and I know how much it must hur-"

"How much it must hurt?" You cut Katniss off, "Well yes, it does hurt! Happy now? Happy that I'm hurting and you're living a comfortable life with the man I loved who I thought loved me back?"

"No! I'm not happy!" Katniss shouted, "Look, I don't give a damn about Peeta! We were both acting for the cameras to save our lives, if we didn't we would've died back in that Arena!"

You didn't reply. What would you reply with?

"Peeta loves you, he really does. He's frightened that you've stopped loving him back and he's sorry, which he said over and over." Katniss says.

"Really? He still loves me?" You ask.

"Yes."

You look at the ground and sigh. Your breath shows in the cold air and Katniss takes off her winter coat and hands it to you.

"Here, have mine. I have more than I need."

You take the coat and thank her, and she walks you back to your house.

"Promise me something, Katniss." You say before going inside.

Katniss looks at you waiting for you to finish your sentence.

"Promise me that we'll still talk, like we used to."

Surprisingly a smile appears on Katniss lips and she nods. You smile back and say goodbye, and walk inside your house.

Immediately your mother walks up to you.

"You have a guest, sweetie." She says, looking almost nervous.

You turn and look at where your chairs sit in the one room and see Peeta, sitting and looking out the window. Your heart immediately stops and you stare at him.

He looks different. He's grown facial hair and he's dressed more mature. When you try to step closer the floorboard underneath you squeeks and Peeta turns his head and looks at you.

He stares as well. He looks you up and down, but lingers at your face. He's probably thinking that you also look different. He finally stands and walks over to you, and once he's closer you notice the flowers in his hands.

You point at the flowers and then look at Peeta.

"For me?" You ask.

He nods and holds them out. You go to take them but then wack them out of his hands and leave the house.

You fell back in love with Peeta as soon as you saw him, but you were still mad at him so you just acted spontaneously. You did forgive him, but you weren't going to let him off that easy.

You hear Peeta run after you and when he reaches you he turns you around so that you're facing him. You tear up and a couple tears roll down your cheeks.

"Y-you said you loved me," you cried.

"I know, I know I said that." Peeta replies.

"What happened? W-why did you stop loving me?"

Peeta looks almost heartbroken. He stares deep into your eyes and you see him tear up.

"I've never stopped loving you."

You weep and Peeta pulls you closer to him, kissing you affectionately on the lips. It's soft and nice and warm, and your anger and sadness fade away.

You wrap your arms around him and he continues to kiss you, deepening the kiss only slightly, then pulling back and hugging you.

You hug him back and nuzzle into his chest. Peeta smiles and kisses the top of your head.

"I will always love you, (Y/N) (Y/L/N)."

Next Imagine: Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay part 1 and 2).