Daniel x Reader

For Princess-Awesomeness (:

Word count: 1,448

The music was loud as it pumped throughout the school gym. People everywhere were dancing along to the song while others made out in the corner. Or some, unfortunate for your eyes, were sickeningly making out by the tables and in the hallways. You stood with your friends by the wall of the gym, casually moving side to side in rhythm with the music, while looking out to spot the rest of your group. Two of your friends were with you while the other two, who were their dates, were somewhere in the gym, probably trying to find yous as well.

As your eyes search the crowd you see someone enter the gym in a gigantic costume of a shower. You chuckle and point them out to your friends, even though they already stood out amongst the crowd, and you laugh as they move across the room. With a smile still on your face you continue to look around until, finally, you spot the other two of your friends.

"Look," You say, grabbing the arm of one of your friends, "they're over there."

You point with your free hand out to where the two guys-- your friends-- stand, looking awkward and wave at you.

"Let's go." Your friend laughs.

She motions for your other friend to come with and you all enter the dancing crowd. People are squished up against other people and you get bumped around by everyone dancing. Your two guy friends smile as you three come into view and one of your friends leap forward, across the only empty space in the crowd, to tackle her date in a hug. You chuckle and manage to meet them all in the middle of the floor.

"Having fun?" One of your male friends ask you.

"I am now." You laugh.

He smiles and continues to dance to the music, as do you, and you all swerve around the people in the crowd in sync with the music. Then someone taps your shoulder and you turn around to see one of your female friends looking worried.

"What?" You ask, worrying yourself.

"Look who just arrived." She says, pointing somewhere in the crowd.

You follow her finger to be met with the face of your ex-boyfriend. He immediately sees you and starts to make his way over.

"Oh crap." You say.

He's not a bad guy, your ex-boyfriend, but he can't let go. Every time you tell him to leave you alone he doesn't get the hint and tries to talk to you. You don't want to be in a crowd full of people where you won't be able to run from him. Maybe you can hide somewhere in the crowd. There's plenty of people to blend into with, so it shouldn't be hard, but he's making his way over to you fast.

Then you remember and realise you have the perfect place to hide.

"Hey!" You shout to your friend.

She turns around to look at you.

"Hat." You say, extending your arm.

You see her eyes gaze behind you and she understands why you want it. She nods and takes the hat off of her head and chucks it towards you, where you manage to just catch it. Then you take an abrupt left in the crowd allowing yourself to almost disappear from your ex-boyfriend's sight. Then when you look up and see that he's looking around for you, you put the hat on and keep your head low, walking in the direction of the gigantic walking shower.

"Excuse me." You say as you pass people.

You reach the person wearing the shower costume and grab the side of the curtain, pulling it back, and quickly moving inside. Then you shut the curtain again and turn to face the person wearing the costume. It's a boy, a very nice looking boy, who you don't think you've seen around school before.