Jack Frost x Reader

For @Kathyboggess :)

Keys: (Y/BF) : Your BestFriend.

You twirl your lead pencil around your fingers as you concentrate on the question you're reading:

The period of 2 sin x cos x is

You've been doing this subject in maths for a term now, you've got to know the answer! You furrow your eyebrows as you stare at the question. The answer will come to you in a second. You hope.

Out of the corner of your eye you see someone enter through the window and sit gracefully down on the chair near it. You sigh as you close your eyes briefly. For the love of all things that are Holy...

You don't turn to look at him, oh no, you're going to ignore him. You continue to look at the piece of paper in front of you. Behind you, you can hear people turning the page over. Everyone in this stupid class is so arrogantly smart. Damn, them!

Suddenly, a noise makes you groan.

"Psst!"

Nope. Not looking.

"Psst!!"

Not a chance, popsicle!

"Hey!"

You groan again and turn to look to your right, where Jack Frost is sitting and trying to get your attention. Well, it worked. You give him a look that says "what?" and he smiles. Jack gets up from the chair and walks over to you.

"The answer is-"

"Shh!" You silence him.

You quickly look around to see if anyone is watching you but luckily no one is. If anyone was looking they would've though you were mad because you're the only one who can see Jack Frost.

You met him last Christmas and you two became friends, but he doesn't understand the meaning of privacy. He would walk in on you changing clothes, or on the phone with a guy, even sitting by the end of your bed when you would write in your diary. You told him to give you some space, but obliviously Jack doesn't know what that means.

Sure, you loved it when Jack would give you answers in class which made you look smart to everyone, but sometimes you like to answer questions yourself. This test being one of those times.

"Oh, come on, (Y/N). You've been stuck on this question longer than anyone." Jack says.

You sigh and look back at your test paper. Have you really?

"How long have you been watching?" You whisper.

"Long enough to know you're stuck."

You sigh again. He's right, this is a hard question for you, but you want to figure it out yourself.

"Let me help you." He says.

"I can manage." You whisper back.

Your pencil tip hovers over answer a, then c, then d. It has to be one of those three. Ok, rule out a. That's too obvious. Now you're left with c and d. One of those are the correct answer.

Jack starts walking around your chair and single desk. You know he's trying to annoy you into asking him for the answer, but you're not giving in. Not today. It's either c or d. Deep breath, think!

Jack starts singing the alphabet and you roll your eyes; he's trying to tell you which letter it is. Sometimes you think he hasn't got any privacy at all and can read your mind. You look up at him and shoot him a glare. He just smiles and goes around the room; looking at everyone else's answers.

"Wrong, wrong, right, right..." He says as he views everyone's papers, "wrong, right, wrong, wrong. Gosh, (Y/N), not that many people got it right."

And here you were thinking everyone was a genius.

"Jack," you whisper.

"Yes? Someone want an answer?" He smiles.

You shake your head.

"Did (Y/BF) get it right?"

Jack flies over to where (Y/BF) is sitting and nods. Thank goodness. You don't want the both of you to fail. Jack then continues to say who got it right and who got it wrong. His voice is driving you up the wall.

"Shh!"

Oh, crap. That wasn't a whisper, that was a shout. Everyone turns to look at you and so does Jack. Of course, though, Jack is trying to hold back his laughter.

"Is something the matter, (Y/N)?" Your teacher asks.

"Um, no. Sorry. Just the rugby team outside. They're a bit noisy."

Your teacher nods and then walks over to the window next to you, the one Jack came through, and closes it.

"Better?"

"Oh, uh, yes. Thank you."

The teacher walks back to their desk but from where you're sitting you can see Jack freezing the teacher's water bottle. What an oaf! Jack looks at you and laughs but you're glaring at him again. He shrugs it off and then flies over to the fish tank. Oh, no!

"Stop!" You shout.

Oh, great! You shouted again!

"Miss (Y/L/N), can you still hear the rugby team?" Your teacher asks.

"No, it's just... um..." you turn around to see Josh, your classmate, "Josh keeps poking me."

"What? Am not!" Josh shouts.

"I'm sorry." You whisper to him, "He is so!" You turn back to the teacher.

"Josh, stop distracting (Y/N)." Says your teacher.

Josh grunts from behind you and you glare again at Jack who is laughing his head off. Just ignore him! You look back down to your test paper and look between c and d. Ok, so c is 4 pi and d is pi. Would it just be pi? Or 4 pi? Ugh, stupid maths.

"Ow!" You yell, when you suddenly feel Jack hit the back of your head with his staff.

"Miss (Y/L/N)!" Your teacher raises their voice, "If Josh is still poking you I would suggest you move seats!"

"But I'm not poking her!" Josh shouts.

"Josh, that is a warning. If you poke (Y/N) again you'll be sent to detention."

"What?!"

Sorry, Josh!

"Same goes for you, Miss (Y/L/N). If you disrupt this class one more time you will also be sent to detention. Are we clear?"

"Yes." You sigh.

"Good. Now continue with your test."

You stare down at your paper. You don't dare even blink. If Jack gets your attention again you'll be sent to detention. And he's still laughing!

Jack is holding his tummy as he laughs. Nothing is sacred to him, damn him! Oh, just focus on the test! You look between c and d. Ok, you think it might be c. You move the tip of your lead pencil down towards c to circle it when all of the sudden...

"The answer is d."

"JACK!!"

~~~

You slump your way out of the classroom where Jack is waiting for you in the hallway.

"How was detention?" He smiles.

"Shut up." You groan.

Next Imagine: Jim Hawkins (Treasure Planet)