Loki Laufeyson x Reader

God of mischief, ooh!
Hehe, Enjoy!

You ran for the door, trying to escape, but it was locked. You ran to the balcony but it was too high for you to jump from. Looking around you had to believe what predicament you were in; you were trapped.

You were brought here by an intimidating man who called himself Loki, and he told you that he brought you back to his word, this world you were in named Asgard, for you to be his personal slave.

Like you were going too. You hated him. He's rough and mean, not only to you but the people here on this planet, and he couldn't give a damn or not if you were found dead.

Dead. A lightbulb triggered in your mind. Now you're not the suicidal thinking type, but if you couldn't leave this place physically then you would have to leave another way.

You would do anything to leave this place. It was cold and dark and cruel, just like him. Death might possibly be the only way you could leave Asgard.

You've always wanted to die at home, with your parents looking down at you and holding your hand, and you'll be able to smell the flowers in your home garden and hear a sweet lullaby by your mother before you close your eyes and take your last breath.

But not here. You don't want to die here in this large golden bedroom, alone and hear nothing but quiet, just to die by your own hands. But you have too, if you want to leave this place and leave Loki. You have to do it.

You scurry around the bedroom looking through bedside cabinet drawers and ontop of bookshelves and around the places in the bathroom, looking for a sharp object.

You don't trust yourself putting a pillow to your face and suffocating yourself, you know that once you feel death coming you'll throw that pillow off of you and then have to start all over again.

I mean there were many simple ways that could kill you, but if you stabbed yourself then when you feel the pain there would be no turning back, and Loki won't be able to do anything to stop you.

Giving up on a sharp object to stab yourself with, you run over to the balcony and peer over the rail. It was definitely high, nearly so high you couldn't see the flowers planted on the grass below, but you know for a fact you won't be able to survive the fall.

You climb the rail and pull your hair back behind your ears. You steady your breathing and start thinking about what makes you happy the most.

Garden beds, birds flying around trees, the smell of coffee in the morning, warm showers, movie night with your friends or being huddled up near the fire reading a good book, doors slammimg open...

Wait, doors slammimg open??

You turn around as you see Loki rush into the bedroom looking almost worried. He scans the bedroom then calls out your name.

"(Y/N)!!" He shouts.

You decide to ignore him but you can't stop yourself from looking at him. Yet another thing on the list of things that make you happy.

One night when he forced you to sleep in the same bed as him, he had fallen asleep first and you stared at him until you too fell asleep. His expression was calm and gentle and his lip would twitch slightly after some time. At that moment you realized you would never look at him the same way again.

Loki turns to face the balcony and his eyes widen.

"(Y/N)!" He practically screams, "get down from there!"

"No!" You shout back, "I've had enough, Loki! I don't want to be here anymore! I don't want to be your slave!"

He looks sad for almost a moment before his gaze becomes hard and he walks over to you. You grip onto the rail and turn around looking at the ground below.

"Get away, Loki!"

He stops suddenly knowing what you're going to say next.

"If you take one more step I'll jump!"

"(Y/N), come back inside. That is an order." His voice is stern and it jaggers your skin like sharp rocks.

"That is exactly why I am not coming back inside. You always order me around! I don't want to be your slave anymore, I just want it to be over..."

You hadn't realized that he hadn't listened to you and had walked over to you when your back was turned, until you felt his hand touch yours holding onto the rail.

You flinch suddenly but don't dare to turn around and look at him.

"I know that I always hurt you, and that I haven't treated you fairly since the moment you set foot here, but I.... I don't want you to go. I -I'll treat you better! I won't call you my slave or make you head the title. You can live here peacefully, a -and I won't harm you." Loki speaks out softly.

You've never heard him speak like this before. What if he was tricking you? What if he was saying this just to bring you back inside and then snicker and say he was only kidding.

You were torn between two options; leaving this place for good or staying here forever.

You finally turn to look at Loki and realize that he's been crying. Not a lot, but there are a few tears dripped down his face. The look of him sad makes you start to cry too and you feel your grip on the rail loosen.

"You're just saying that..." you whisper.

He looks at you with his same sad expression until his features grow worried when you fully let go of the rail.

You feel your weight fall towards the Earth below, like your body is being sucked down a drain. Until you feel it. Loki's hands grabbing a hold of yours.

You forgot that his hand was ontop of yours, so he grabbed you just as quickly as you let go.

Your body feels like a ton of bricks being held up by a strong string and you look at the ground then up at Loki who is using all of his strength to hold onto you.

"You can't leave me!" He yells down at you, "you're the only person who hasn't called me a monster or tried to kill me!"

You don't say anything, you can't. You just listen as Loki spills out his heart to you.

"(Y/N) I knew. I knew that you were watching me before you fell asleep that night. When you fell asleep I ended up watching you until I fell asleep! I know that when I leave you alone in my room you clean for comfort and you sing quietly. Your voice is like an Angel's, you are so beautiful. Please, don't leave me!"

Your heart aches at the last thing he said of you; beautiful. He thinks you're beautiful? And he knows so much about you... and he looks at you too?

You let out a whimper from your sobs and pull your other hand up to grab onto his strong grip. He uses his strength to pull you up back onto the balcony and once your feet land safely on the marble floor, Loki engulfs you in a tight hug.

Your shorter than he is so your head rests on his chest and you can hear his heart beat. It's quick, from shock, but it slows down until it is just a flutter. You realize your heart beats the same as his and you bring your arms up and hug him back.

"I'm sorry..." you whisper.

He doesn't say anything, just gives you a tight squeeze for a response. You can feel his tears roll down your ear to your neck and you let your tears fall onto his shirt.

You love garden beds and fireplaces and books and warm showers but you also love looking at Loki, and holding him close to you too. What you love the most is seeing a side of Loki he doesn't show anyone.

The side of a boy wanting so desperately to be loved, and you realize you're just the same.

Was it cute? Ok? Bad? Please tell me I love to hear feedback. Hope you enjoyed and have a great day or night! Xoxo