Peeta Mellark x Reader

Peeta Mellark OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha, I love him so much. Just another simple oneshot :)

Enjoy!! xo

You walk down the streets of District 12 like you do every night before you go home to sleep. In a way it helps your mind be at ease as no one is telling you what to do or where to go, you can freely roam until the late night curfew.

One of the places you pass whenever you walk home is the bakery. You absolutely adore the smell of the baked bread and the sweet icing whenever you pass the buliding. You could never afford any of the cakes inside or any of the bread, but you still love to stand across from the bakery and watch the people inside decorate the cakes.

Like always, you stopped by the window to look at all of the cakes that were on display. Some were fancy and others were simple and plain, but they all looked good enough to eat. Although, you doubt you could eat a full cake. It would be too filling.

You smile as you see one of the cakes iced in white with little small hearts drawn into the cake as a pattern. Slightly bigger hearts are iced ontop with a red icing and you wish that you could atleast take a nibble from the cake. It looks so good.

After you've looked at the cake for perhaps more than a minute, you look up behind the cakes to where you see the baker's son starring at you. You've seen him around school before but you never knew his name. As soon as he saw you spot him he turned around and walked to the back of the bakery.

You smile and continue on your walk home.

This happens every other night. You walk to the window and look at the cakes, then see him and he disapears behind the bakery again. Then you walk home.

You soon realize that the boy must've known how much you liked the heart cake because now everytime you walk past the window you see the cake sitting there on the table. You don't know if it's always the same cake as it always looks fresh, but what you do know is that he put it there for you.

One night walking back home and passing the bakery you decide instead to not look at the cakes, but to look inside and try to spot the boy. But this time he's not there. You look through the other window but see no one inside. You start to feel sad for some reason and go to leave but the sound of a door opening makes you jump.

The door on the side of the bakery swings open and the blonde haired boy steps out holding loaves of bread. He doesn't seem to see you until he finishes chucking the loaves into a fenced area with pigs.

He stares at you for a while as you do to him, then he looks down and opens the door.

"Wait!" you say to prevent him from leaving.

He stops and looks at you almost shyly and for the first time ever you hear his beautiful voice.

"Yes?" he asks.

"I, um, I see you around school and whenever I come here to the bakery, but I don't know your name." you speak.

He smiles and you swear your legs were about to give way.

"I know, I see you look at the cakes every night. Then I watch you walk home." he says.

"Yeah, I really like the cakes you make. They're really pretty." you speak.

"You're prettier."

You have to stop the smile that forces its way to your lips as you blush. He is so nice and cute, how come you've never spoken to him before?

The yell of an older woman makes you both jump but then he sighs and walks to the door.

"I have to go, sorry." he says.

"It's ok." you smile.

He smiles back at you and enters the bakery, then suddenly he walks out again and speaks;

"I'm Peeta, by the way."

You smile.

"I'm (Y/N)." you say.

He gives you that heart melting smile and a quick wave, which you return, and he enters the bakery closing the door behind him. Peeta; what a lovely name.

You know that from this day forward your walks to the bakery won't just be for the cakes anymore.