Hiro Hamada x Reader

For @CrazyFangirlTheorist
** contains mentions of suicide **
Word count: 1,205

"Hiro?" You call, opening up the door to his bedroom.

The lights are off and no one is inside. You look around to see Hiro's bed messy and walking over to his desk you feel the computer monitor, which is warm so he must've been on it not that long ago. You call out again but you're met with the same silence.

The window above Hiro's bed is open so you walk over to it, looking out, and then closing it. Sighing, you decide to check around the house. Aunt Cass was out tonight helping out her friend with something, so it was just Hiro at home. You thought to come by and say hello so that he wouldn't feel so alone, even though he has Baymax.

Walking down the hallway and checking in every room you find no one and begin to worry. Where is he? As you pass the bathroom you hear a faint sound like someone sobbing and press your ear to the door. It is someone sobbing, and you know who, so you turn the handle but it locks in place.

"Hiro?" You call through the door, and the crying suddenly stops.

"(Y/n)?" Comes Hiro's faint voice, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to say hello. I thought you could use the company. Can you open the door please?"

"No! Um, uh..."

Inside the bathroom you can hear him moving around, shoving things into drawers, and finally the tap running.

"I'm a bit busy." Hiro says.

"Sounds like you've just finished whatever you were doing. Look, I hate talking through the door, can you just open it?" You ask.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Hiro, please. I want to see you."

Hiro turns the tap off but you don't hear anything for a moment. Then you hear him slowly opening a drawer and something rolling inside it.

"Hiro?" You speak.

He doesn't reply but you can hear something rattling inside a container, maybe. Fearing the worst, you decide to speak.

"Look, I brought cake and The Forbidden Kingdom on DVD. I thought we could have a movie night like we always do."

"I'm not in the mood for movies." Hiro says behind the door.

You try to turn the door handle again but it's still locked. Even though you know it is you just had to try again anyway.

"I can call in some Chinese takeaway." You suggest.

"Not hungry." Hiro says.

"What do you want to do, then?" You ask.

You start to cringe at your question. If he's in a bad state then that is the kind of question you never ask. Hiro mumbles a sentence but you can't hear him.

"What? Hiro?" You try turning the handle again even though it's pointless, "Hiro?"

"Don't come in!" He snaps, and bangs his fist on the door, "It's locked for a reason!"

"Hiro, please let me in."

"No!"

You hear the container's contents rattle again and immediately know what it is this time. It's a plastic bottle filled with pills.

"Hiro, please open up!" You say, scared.

"No, no I won't!" Hiro shouts.

You start yanking on the door handle feeling some tears beginning to swell up in your eyes. You can hear the bottle tip and you immediately shout out for him to stop, but he's not listening. The tap runs again and it becomes faint on the sink, knowing that he's drinking the tap water to swallow the pills.

"Hiro!!" You shout.

"Go away!" He cries.

You quickly run down the stairs and into the kitchen, rummaging through drawers and grabbing a spatula. Then you run up the stairs again and try using the spatula through the gap in the door where the lock is to open it. Hiro can hear you and sticks a towel into the gap.

"Hiro! Stop! Please!" You shout.

He cries as he swallows more pills and you start crying.

"Baymax!! Baymax!!" You scream.

"Is everything alright, (Y/n)? You seem worried." Baymax says, finally entering the hallway.

"No, it's Hiro. Baymax punch open the door!" You say.

Baymax complies and uses his metal made hand to force the door open. It gets stuck a little because of the towel, but it swings open nevertheless.

Inside the bathroom Hiro is slumped over the sink, the tap still running, with his head hung low and the bottle of pills still in his hand. You rush over to him and pull him away from the sink but his body is heavy, so you lay him down on the ground.

"Hiro? Hiro?!" You shout, shaking his shoulders.

A bright light beams past you and you lean back as you know that Baymax is scanning him. After the light shuts off Baymax raises his hand.

"He has swallowed too many pills. His heart will stop from lack of breath and stimulation. (Y/n), I do not have fingers, but you have to make him throw up." He tells you.

You nod and sit Hiro up, his back leaning on the wall, and tilt his head up. With your fingers keeping his head raised and pushed down on his cheeks so that his mouth opens, you stick two fingers from your other hand down his throat.

Immediately Hiro gags and you pull away to let him barf out the pills. He moves to the side as the spew pours out of him and onto the tiled floor. Afterwards he starts coughing so you pat his back and put your arm on his, but he shoves you away.

"Why?" He sobs.

"What?" You ask, confused.

"Why didn't you just let me die? I wanted to die!" He cries.

You start to tear up as you see your best friend breaking. He's crying so much that his whole body shakes.

"It's because I didn't want you to die, Hiro. Think about how I feel." You say, tears rolling down your cheek, "What would I do if you died?"

"I could've been with him," Hiro ends up saying, "I could've been with Tadashi again."

You immediately become quiet as Hiro admits himself to you. You cry quietly as you move closer to him and wrap your arms around him. Hiro doesn't shove you away this time, so you also rest your head on his shoulder.

"I know you miss him, Hiro, but then I'd miss you if you left." You say.

"You would...?" Hiro asks.

"Yes. Hiro, you mean so much to me. And not just to me but also to Aunt Cass, and Baymax, and Fred and Wasabi, and everyone else. What would we do without you?"

Hiro doesn't reply but he does lean in closer to you.

"There, there." Baymax says, waddling over and patting you both on the head.

You smile slightly and see Hiro doing also. Rubbing his arm with your hand for comfort, you're glad you decided to visit him tonight. You can just imagine how awful it would've been to have heard that Hiro was... dead. You shiver and Hiro notices, so he moves closer to you.

"Thank you, (Y/n). I really needed a friend." He says.

"You're welcome, Hiro. Please never do this again." You say.

"I won't."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Good."

I'm sorry if that was bad. I don't know how to write Imagines based on depression because it's such a serious issue and I like my Imagines to be happy (even though I've written some sad ones). I'm also sorry if I offended anyone; that was not my intention. Hopefully I ended this on a good note. Please stay safe, anyone. If you ever need to talk just message me and I'll listen.

Next Imagine: Danny Fenton (Danny Phantom).