Hiccup x Reader

Part two of my Hiccup imagine that puts the reader in Valka's place in the second movie. Written in third-person view.

Dt: alphaflower HuffleHobbit710 -marymellet mmradke HTTYDsuperfan ewewewewr mackdawg2021 bookloverAMRD Dragon_Ryder skyeworthington14 LyvieJade

Word count: 3,498

--

Life can be pleasant and then it can't be. A moment that is happy and pure can turn rotten and horrific the next. Like how Hiccup and (Y/n) had bonded so well with their interest in and vast knowledge of dragons until suddenly the cave they had been sitting in began to tremble and shake and they were met by Drago and an army with the intention of destruction. Then all it took was for Drago to have the upper-hand and Hiccup's life crumbled to pieces.

His father was killed; killed by his dragon and best friend under the influence of Drago's control of the Alpha's hypnotic trance. And just as fast as it had happened, then Toothless had been kidnapped. It seemed like everything that could possibly go wrong had gone wrong but Hiccup was brave-- is brave-- and he carried on with all the strength he could muster.

(Y/n) fought alongside Hiccup and his friends and they won the battle against Drago. She even stayed to help care for the injured dragons and humans, and was welcomed to stay in Berk for however long she liked. Which, as it happened, became to be a much longer stay than originally planned. How could she walk away from the best opportunity in her life-- to have a family? She had lost that opportunity when she was taken by a dragon at birth, but now she has every chance to be part of a real family.

The weeks she spent in Berk turned into months and then months turned into a year. Soon she was familiar with how to act around people, as she had only ever been in the company of dragons-- she barely knew how to act around Hiccup when they first met-- and her life in Berk felt like paradise. She has friends. She has a family. She has Hiccup. She wouldn't trade this life for anything.

"Here you go," Hiccup speaks, placing a plate of fish in front of her.

She looks down at the meal, blinks twice, and then looks up at Hiccup.

"When did you get here?" She asks.

"Almost fifteen minutes ago." He says, sitting down at the table across from her with his own plate of fish, "You were daydreaming again."

"I've got to stop doing that."

It was a habit of hers to space out in her thoughts-- a habit that didn't take Hiccup long to figure out; this wasn't the first time he had come to her house to find her staring at thin air even though he was speaking to her. He had decided to make a meal out of it. Literally.

"Nice catch," she says as she digs a fork into the fish, "you're getting better at this."

"At what?" Hiccup asks defensively, leaning back in his chair with his hands raised, "I know how to fish!"

"But I taught you how to fish better."

"Alright, alright. Maybe you did teach me that."

She chuckles as the two of them eat their fish in good company. As Hiccup was the one who had "found" her (really she had found him but he likes to tell the story the other way), she was the most comfortable around him, and he took that as his entitlement to be her guide, her help, and her closest friend. Sharing meals together wasn't even the half of it.