Mad Hatter x Reader

Another Imagine for @Cedric_Deggory This imagine is slightly altered from the tv series, so some things might not be exactly accurate. Please enjoy (:
Word count: 4,164

"Pardon me."

You nearly jump out of your skin when you hear the voice of a male sound from behind you. You look down at the table you're sitting at and sigh. Great. You spilled your drink.

You turn around and look up to see a man with a funny looking outfit and hat on his head looking down at you. He smiles at you but you give him the stink eye. Does he realize how much drinks cost these days?

"May I sit?" He asks, still smiling.

You sigh and turn back around.

"Go for it."

The man moves over to the seat across from you and sits down, still looking at you, but not saying anything.

"You got a problem?" You ask, feeling slightly uneasy now by his presence.

"Yes, in fact I've got 99." *

* I'm so sorry I had to.

"Well, I'd suggest to drink your worries away but I've spilt mine and the liqour don't come cheap." You groan.

"Jefferson." He says, extending his hand out to you.

My goodness he's strange. You give him your hand to shake and then pull away.

"(Y/N)."

He smiles at you. It's strange to think it but he's got a really nice smile.

"I couldn't help but overhear your conversation with the owner of this bar..." Jefferson says.

You sigh.

"We were that loud, huh?" You ask.

"Only slightly." He moves his fingers so that they're inches apart.

"He deserved it."

"How, might I ask, did he deserve you shouting at him?"

"Because he's a fool."

"Fools are the good kind of people, aren't they?" He tilts his head to the side.

He's so strange, but his question silences you.

"If I heard correctly, you need to go somewhere?" He asks.

"Yes, that's true." You nod.

"Where, exactly, were you thinking of going?"

"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. Just somewhere else."

"Well as it happens I'm going somewhere and are in need of a... a partner."

"A partner?" You ask, eyebrow raised.

"Yes, an accomplice."

"Why? How come you can't just go alone?"

"Because, I need to get something and I need another person to help me."

"What do you need to get?"

"Let's just keep that under the water for now. So, are you in?"

You pause to think about it. A strange man who you've never met before is practically assigning you to work with him to collect something from somewhere. This seems too good to be true.

"Alright. I'm in." You say.

You've always seeked adventure, so why not? You're sure that nothing really could go wrong, and if it did, then there's your adventure.