Peter Pan x Reader

For @SquareMomIceBear (:
Word count: 1,210

It's confusing. How did it really happen? You sigh to yourself, you should be asking when did it happen, not how. You know how and he'll know how too. But it wasn't even that long ago, does it really start showing this soon?

While thinking to yourself you hear the fabric of the tent curl back and someone walk in. You don't have to guess who it is, who usually comes to your tent this time at night? Only Peter does. You quickly let your hand drop from your forehead and keep your back towards him, not wanting to startle him with your confused expression.

He walks over to you and slides his hands around your waist, hugging you from behind, before letting his hand wander up and move your hair away from your neck, giving him the opportunity to kiss it.

As always he starts slow and delicate, hovering his lips around your skin, but then he starts to kiss your neck even more, making you close your eyes when you feel his breath over the places he's kissed you.

His hand moves down from your shoulder, down your arm, and he intertwines his fingers with yours.

"I've missed you." He whispers in your ear, before kissing under your earlobe.

You sigh as he does so and let a soft moan escape your lips as he kisses your sweet spot. You can feel his lips curl into a smirk against your skin.

"It seems you've missed me too."

"Peter," You begin, but he turns you around and silences you with a passionate kiss.

As it usually does, your legs grow weak, and Peter picks you up, letting your legs wrap around his waist, and he walks over to the bed. Placing you down gently and deepening the kiss you feel your mind growing foggy, but remember what you were thinking only moments ago and pull away from him.

"Peter, wait." You say.

He genuinely looks upset that you stopped kissing him, but he waits to allow you to talk.

"What's wrong?" He asks, now feeling worried.

"I have to tell you something."

Peter immediately gets off of you and stands by the bed, looking down at you, as if he's disappointed or... angry.

"I already know what you're going to say." Peter says.

"You do?" You ask.

How? How could he know, and already?

"If you want to stop, we'll stop. I know you didn't want to when we first began, but I just can't help myself. I have to touch you."

You blush at Pan's confession. Does he really enjoy the nights he spends with you that much? There were times outside of your tent where he would sneak a kiss, or brush his fingers across your thigh when you'd sit, but you didn't realize how much he actually wants you.

"Wait," you think immediately, "what are you trying to say?"

"What I'm trying to say is that even though it's only lust, nearly every night with you, I feel like it's more to me." He says, "(Y/n), I love you."

You gasp slightly as you look up at him. He loves you? You love him too! You thought he only thought of you as a fling, but he doesn't, which makes you more relieved about what you have to tell him.

"Peter, I love you too." You say, standing up.

"You do? But I thought you wanted to stop." He says confused, but happy at the same time.

"No, dummy."

You lean in and kiss him gently on the lips, but Peter deepens it and tries to move you back towards the bed, but you stop him and pull away to look at him.

"Wait, I still have to tell you something." You say.

"Sorry, what is it?" He asks.

"Peter, I'm... um, I'm pregnant."

Peter stares at you with widen eyes and an un-readable expression.

"Peter?"

He doesn't say anything for a moment before he starts to smile.

"I'm going to be a dad?" He asks.

You smile and nod at him, taking his hand in yours.

"Yeah, and I'll be the mother." You tell him.

Peter laughs happily and hugs you, spinning you around, before abruptly putting you back down with a solem look on his face.

"Peter, what's wrong?" You ask worried.

"(Y/n), you know that I was a father before." He says.

You nod. You know that, and even though it's a sad story, you know he's changed.

"I can't be a father."

"What?"

"The last time I was I gave up my son to live forever. I'm not suited to be a dad. I don't think I could do it."

"So what, you're just going to leave me with the baby on my own?" You ask, getting slightly angry.

"No, no I'll help you."

"You can't help if you're not willing to be the father! Peter I don't give a damn about what happened in the past or what you did, right now you're a good guy and you know it's true. If you weren't you wouldn't have fallen in love and vice versa I wouldn't have fallen for you either.

If I'm going to get through this then I'm going to go through it with you. Together. You can be a dad, I know it, and I'll help you. Remember when we first started our night visits? You were afraid of this, that I would get pregnant, but you wouldn't have gone through with it if you're weren't sure of becoming a father.

You can do it, Peter, I believe in you. And I really need you to believe in me too, because this baby is coming whether you like it or not, and I'm not going to be a widow, Peter, I won't allow that to happen."

Tears were falling down your cheeks by now and Peter saw. He hugs you close to him and lets you sob onto his chest. He knows that your mother was a widow, your dad died in a house burning accident, so he knows how hurt you'd be if you became a widow yourself.

"(Y/n) I promise you, I will never leave you, not one day in your life, and I won't leave the baby either. You're right, the past means nothing now, I'm ready to be a dad." Peter says gently to you.

You look up at him and smile, wiping away your tears.

"Really?"

"Really."

He leans down and kisses you, picking you up again, and spinning you around once more. After pulling away Peter kisses your forehead, and then places you back on the ground.

"Well, if this is going to happen then it's going to happen properly." He says.

He walks over to the tent where your flails are sitting and he picks one up, untieing the knot, and using the string to tie it into a circle. Then he walks over to you and kneels down. You cover your mouth as he does.

"(Y/n), will you marry me?" He asks.

"Yes!" You nod.

Peter stands up and puts the string made ring on your finger before kissing you once more and you finally let him take you to the bed.

That was bad. Sorry :c

Next Imagine: Gale (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay part 1 and 2).