Henry Mills x Reader

Reader-chan has cancer for @unicorngodess (:
Word count: 1,830

You sat on your bed, twirling the fur on your pillow between your fingers, as you stared blankly at the wall across from you. You've been doing this now for as long as you can remember. You're sad but you don't feel it. You're just numb.

Your bedroom door opens slightly and Mary Margaret pops her head through the gap she's made.

"Hey, how you holding up?" She asks.

You shrug.

"Are you hungry?"

You shrug again.

Mary sighs, feeling defeated by how she can't get to you, and slowly starts to close the door.

"I'll get you something, anyway."

She closes your bedroom door and walks down into the kitchen where Regina is making herself a cup of coffee.

"How is she?" Regina asks.

"She still won't talk." Mary sighs.

"She's going through a rough time, she needs some time alone."

"No, what she needs is to spend time with those she loves. She's wasting moments she could be spending with her family."

"Maybe she's more comfortable alone. I know that's how I feel."

"But she doesn't have much time on her hands like you do, Regina."

Regina looks down at her cup of coffee as Mary Margaret sighs again.

"She needs Henry." Mary says, "He's the only one who can get through to her."

Regina nods and calls Henry's cell phone. In a matter of moments Henry is already at the house. Mary tells him where you are and how you're feeling, and hands him a sandwich she made for you on a plate.

He makes his way up the stairs and knocks on your bedroom door. When he hears no response he decides to come inside anyway.

"Hey, (Y/N)." He smiles softly.

You turn to look at him.

"Hi." You say, barely above a whisper.

"Mary Margaret made you a sandwhich."

You just stare at the food on the plate.

"I'll just put it here." Henry says, placing it on your bedside table.

Then he walks over to you and sits on your bed.

"How are you feeling?"

You look up at him but your expression says it all.

"I know it's hard but you can't shut everyone out like this. It'll be much easier if you let us in."

"I know that," you sigh.

"Then let us in, (Y/N). Because I want my last memory of you to be your smile."

You don't know how to respond to that. Henry is so sweet that you feel like you don't deserve his kindness. Your eyes start to tear up at the thought and Henry immediately moves closer to you, wrapping his arm around yours in a hug.

"Hey, it's ok. I'm sorry I said that." He says.

You shake your head as you hug him closer. You're not upset about what he said, you're upset about how he can be so nice to you when you haven't done a thing to deserve it.

Henry rubs his hand up and down your arm to comfort you and you snuggle up against his chest. You two are only friends but you love his hugs.

Then suddenly you can't breathe. You open your mouth, trying to inhale, but nothing is happening. Gasping, you look up at Henry and he begins to look worried.