Fear x Reader

From Inside Out for @MotherEffingJinx (:
Word count: 772

"Aaaaand we're out!" Joy yells excitedly from the console.

She runs around the room, sliding her hands past all the memories made today, and goes around high-fiving the team.

"That's what I'm talking about, whoop! Another perfect day!" Joy shouts.

You giggle as she runs past to high-five you before going over to the long term button on the ground.

"Good job everybody! Let's get those memories down to long term."

She stomps her foot down on the button and all the memories sitting on the shelves in the wall begin to roll down and out where the tube is that sucks them over to long term memories.

You look at all the colours wizzing past you and going through the tube. Some blues and greens are here and there, but it's mainly all yellow. Which is a good thing, if course. Your human has to be happy!

"Alright, we didn't die today! I call that an unqualified success." Fear says, after ticking off something from his notepad.

You smile and run over to him, hugging him from behind, to which he jumps at.

"Ah!" He screams, before realizing that it's you, "Oh, Hope! Don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry~!" You chime with a smile.

"You're such a scaredy-cat, Fear." Disgust says, walking over to you two.

"That's why I'm called Fear!"

You laugh as they continue to argue and then run over to Anger, bumping him and making him lose his page in the newspaper.

"Great day today, right Anger?" You ask.

"Yeah. Fantastic." He groans, "Tomorrow is going to be hell; first day at school."

"Oh, come on. Have some hope! I bet it'll be great." You say.

Anger just grumbles and walks away from you, so you run over to Joy and give her another high-five.

"Hope!" Joy greets you, "Hey, can you do dream duty tonight?"

"Sure!"

"Thanks, Hope. I can always count on you."

You smile and wave as she walks away. Running over to the console you turn down all the lights and sit down on the spinning chair, before propping your feet up on the console and pushing a button.

"Alright, what do we have tonight?" You say in anticipation.

On the screen a huge rainbow appears where Skittles start to rain. Below, on the ground, is your beautiful human with their friends eating all of the Skittles. You smile and lean back in your chair, and before you know it, you fall asleep yourself.

The sound of a dog barking is what wakes you up. You jump from your seat and look around, but of course, there's no dogs there. Looking back at the screen you can see that your human is having a nightmare.

"Oh no!" You shout, pushing random buttons on the console.

You're either hoping to stop the dream or wake up your human early, so as to not get them even more scared than they are already. But you have no idea what you're doing, as Joy always has control over the console.

"What's happening?" You hear someone shout from behind you.

"Fear!" You say, looking behind you, "Help me!"

He runs over to you and looks at the screen to see what's happening.

"What do we do?" He asks, slightly shaking.

"I don't know! Just wake them up!" You say.

You both push random buttons on the console until Fear starts to run around and panic. You try to keep him under control but then he trips over a cord and the screen shuts off. You look up at the screen before helping Fear back on his feet.

"Are you ok?" You ask him.

"Well, I'm not dead!" He says.

"Good thing, too!"

"What's happened to the nightmare?"

"You accidentally pulled out the power cord. Our human is now sleeping peacefully." You explain.

"So we fixed it?"

"No, you fixed it~!" You smile and hug him.

"But what if I turned their brain off?" Fear complains.

You pull away with a sigh and smile at him.

"If you turned their brain off then we wouldn't be alive, would we?" You say.

"Ooh, yeah!"

You laugh and give him another quick hug, then you walk him back up the ramp to the shared bedroom.

"Hey, Hope?" Fear asks you.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"For what?" You ask.

"For having hope in me."

You smile and kiss Fear on the cheek, which makes him blush. You laugh at seeing his pink face and he holds his breath from embarrassment, walking into the bedroom. With a sigh, you turn back around to go sit back at the console.

Next Imagine: Pietro Maximoff (The Avengers: Age of Ultron).