06

When I woke up I was still on the couch

When I woke up I was still on the couch. My legs were on his lap while his hand rested on me. I hurried up and removed my legs off of him making him move in his sleep.

I checked the time and it read 8:54 p.m

"Mahzi." I called his name and he didn't move. "Mahzi wake up." I shook him and he moved before opening his eyes.

"What."

"It's almost nine, we fell asleep." I said.

"Where yo' bathroom at?" He asked as he stood up and stretched.

"That way down the hall, second door on the left." I said and he nodded before going in that direction.

I noticed a small notebook fell out of his back pocket so I thought about it before thinking about what Regina said, making me grab it.

In the notebook, the pages were filled with names, some of the names being crossed out. I noticed some of the names were the people Regina showed me that were killed but she couldn't figure out a connection.

I took a picture of every page quickly before he came back.

"What is you talking about, i'm not out on no hoe shit." I heard him say on the phone as he came back so I put the notebook back where it was.

"Ight chill out i'm on my way." He hung up the phone and I acted like I was doing something on mines.

"I'm finna head out, you straight?" He asked grabbing the notebook.

"Yeah, i'm probably just finna take my shower and go back to sleep." I said.

"You not gone ea- nevermind, I'll lock the door behind me." He said before he left.

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴅᴀʏ

"Mahzi I know you didn't just call me so you can breathe on the phone." I said. I was currently in my office looking through paper work.

"Shut up, I dropped some." He said.

"What you doing?" I asked.

"Makin' plays, why wassup?" He asked.

"Nothing just tryna make conversation- Ryleigh, here's the information about Judge Robinson's service. His wife wants to speak with you as well." Elijah cut me off as she came into my office without knocking.

"Okay, thank you." I said as she left out.

"So Ryleigh yo' first name." He said and I could hear the smirk in his voice. "Where you at?" He asked.

"At work." I said wishing she never barged into my office like that.

"Mm, ain't that the Judge that got killed yesterday?" He asked.

"You so nosy- can't help it she was loud as fuck and you not talkin' bout shit for real." He cut me off.

"Yes I was, and Yeah." I said.