36

ʀʏʟᴇɪɢʜ ᴀᴍᴀʀɪ ᴏʀᴛᴇɢᴀ

...

"Ryleigh i think you making the wrong move." Yasmine said as I got dressed. I was getting ready to go to a party that Key was attending so I can talk to him.

I continued to put on my shoes before standing up looking in my mirror. "You're just saying that because you know Mahzi told me no." I sighed.

"Okay that's true but also because Key is not safe, what if he's wired up. He's literally a whole snitch." She said.

"Thanks for reminding i was been supposed to give mahzi his papers." I chuckled.

"Well at least let me go with you, I can't let you go by yourself." I said.

"No because you're not even supposed to know that i'm on this case. And i don't wanna leave you by yourself when i go talk to him. If you come he's gonna give them a reason to be suspicious, i'm already knowing he's gonna report back." I said.

"I'll just stay in my car then- we finna be in the hood you really wanna stay out like that?" I cut her off.

"You're my best friend i'm not letting you go by yourself when i'm the only other person that finna know your whereabouts, mahzi would kill me." She said.

"Y'all are so dramatic, i know how to protect myself." I chuckled.

"And that's why someone needs to be with you." She mumbled.

"Hollon he calling." I whispered answering the face time call.

"You coming back tonight or- aye where you finna go?" He cut himself off finally looking at the camera.

"I'm going out with Yasmine." I said.

"Mm, you look pretty." He said.

"Thank you handsome." I smiled.

"Come over when you done." He said. "And don't do no shit that'll get you fucked up Amari." He said and Yasmine side eyed me.

"Okay." I said.

"Okay." He hung up.

...

"Gun?"

"Check." I patted my purse.

"Taser?"