18

"So what now?" He asked

"Now we leave the people in the court room alone for now and just taunt the officers and see who breaks. That way they'll be confused with what you're up to and they won't think it's because of me because it'll be things that no one is supposed to know." I explained.

"But I have to call Regina right quick." I said and he nodded.

"Hello." She answered.

"Hey, um did you ever mention gambling? You know pertaining to Jahvier." I said.

"No, why?" She asked.

"Well he brought me to a casino with him and he won the poker game...and money. Lots of it." I said.

"Anything happened out of the ordinary?" She asked.

"No ." I said.

"Okay keep me posted we still believe he's laundering money." She said.

"I thought you weren't focused on that?" I asked.

"Well for the past few days there hasn't been any suspected killings, it was a pattern at first so now we're hitting a wall we need to take him down for all that he does." She said and he just continued to scroll on his phone.

"Okay, he's coming back so i gotta go." I said as i hung up.

"Give me a reason on why I can't kill her." He said.

"If you kill her everything we do is going to be for no reason she's the head of this case and if she dies they'll know it was you." I said.

"Would you feel a way if I did?" He asked and I didn't say anything. Work wise, I don't like Regina but she raised me and took care of me after my parents died so I can't just not feel a way.

"Just give me time to figure out what her problem is." I said.

"Tell me what you want me to do." He looked at me.

"I want you to stop looking at me like that." I looked away.

"No, Answer the question." He said.

"Nothing just keep laying low and focus on tryna figure out the thing with the jurors and finding out what some of the other officers don't want anybody else to know." I said.

"They're going to try to search your house soon with a warrant but that really only happens when they're stuck and don't know what else to do." I said.

"That ain't a problem, shit that I do that not gone find nothing in my house I know better than that." He said.

"And the guns you have?" I asked.

"I'll get Draco to take it to the warehouse." He said.

"Okay then, everything should work out." I sighed getting on my phone.