52

"Okay please just be respectful and civil

"Okay please just be respectful and civil." I said as we walked up to my dad's house.

"You know i can't control my mouth."He mumbled and i walked closer to the door entering the code he sent me and the medal small box opened showing the doorbell so i pressed it.

"The fuck type high tech shit this is, you can't ring the doorbell unless you got the code?" He asked.

"Yup, the doorbell scanned my finger print so it can unlock. I'm the only other person that has access." I sighed and i heard the door unlock so i twisted the door knob and opened the door and walked in.

When i walked in i closed the door and entered another code so the doorbell can be covered again and the door can lock.

"Ryleigh." I heard my dad's voice and my face lit up.

"Hey daddy." I gave him a hug. I haven't seen him since i started working Mahzi's case, we've only been communicating through phone calls and texts.

"Oh, daddy this is my—Jahvier." I corrected myself and i felt Mahzi side eye me cause i didn't introduce him as my boyfriend.

"I'm Bryson, nice to meet you." He shook his hand. "I gotta admit you got a lot of skill Jahvier." He said.

"Preciate it."  Mahzi said

"I didn't plan on having to explain to someone else why i did what i did." He said.

"What you gotta explain it to me for?" Mahzi asked and i gave him a look.

"Let's sit down." He said and we followed him to the living room area before sitting down.

"How did you figure it out?" He asked and Mahzi just shrugged.

"I pay attention to a lot of shii and ion really gotta lot of trust so i put and two together after i got interrogated." He said.

"You don't trust my daughter?" He asked.

"I do i just don't trust what's going on and i was right so i don't know how else to put it." He said. "It wasn't like she had a slip up to further my suspicion i just pay attention to what she do all the time." He said and my dad looked at me.

I don't know if mahzi realize what he just said or what.

"All the time?" He questioned.

"Yeah." Mahzi said.

"Um daddy i have something to tell you." I said and he looked at me again. "We're in a relationship."

"Did this happen before or after you were assigned to his case?" He asked.

"After." Mahzi said dryly.

"Well we met before i knew i was gonna be assigned to his case but we weren't together until the second month after i was assigned." I explained.