20

"Hey best friend

"Hey best friend." I said once the call connected, I didn't have it on speaker. Mahzi was laying on my stomach with one arm around me while his other hand was occupied with his phone.

"Best friend i'm finna block Star." He said and I laughed.

"Didnt you block her some days ago?" I asked.

"I did but you know." He said.

"What she do?" I asked.

"She saran wrapped my car cause she thought she was still blocked and emoni big head ass helped her." He said and my mouth dropped.

"Omg no she did not." I said.

"She did in fact do that best friend." I heard toota in the background.

"Talk to' yo' friend." He said.

"Okay imma talk to her." I said.

"Where Mahzi at?" I heard draco asked.

"Y'all One band one sound all the time." I said and they laughed.

"Back yo' nosey ass up, ight best friend." He said.

"Bye." I laughed as the phone hung up and Hernandez called me. I grabbed my other phone to record the conversation before i answered.

"Hernandez." I answered.

"Ortega, Hi. I just wanted to make sure we were good." He said.

"If you're asking if I told Regina that I saw you, I didn't. And as for you, are you good?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well i asked Jahvier what was his problem with you but all that he told me is that you're emptying out bank accounts, trust funds, and even joint bank accounts losing your money to gamble, he says people talk at the the casino and he's there occasionally." I lied.

"Shit." He cussed. "If my wife finds out i'll be left with nothing, i need that money back." He stressed. "I owe some real important people as well i need that money Ryleigh." He said.

"I figured you would say that. I already tried to talk to him to get you the check back but he wants to talk to you first. He said something about his brother." I lied again.

"Deal, name the time and place and i'm there." He said.

"I think you should regina though you know? Just in case something goes wrong we can have some people monitoring the conversation from a distance.

"I'll let her know." He said.

"Great I'll text you the info." I said hanging up and ending the recording.

"What you just do?" Mahzi looked at me.

"Nothing just thinking ahead." I said.

"You setting him up?" He smirked as he sat up laying beside beside me and I nodded smiling.