50

-Lᴀᴛᴇʀ Tʜᴀᴛ Nɪɢʜᴛ-

I was in the mirror brushing my hair after i got out the shower and changed

I was in the mirror brushing my hair after i got out the shower and changed. I looked at Mahzi through the mirror as he walked behind me and out of the bathroom.

He hadn't said anything since the interrogation, when I asked if he was okay he just nodded his head and he looked like he didn't want to be bothered so i stopped myself from asking him anything else.

When i left out of the bathroom i saw him on my bed reading his file that was given to me by regina.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"She gave you a different file, the one she got more information bout me." He looked through all of the papers.

"That doesn't make any since how is that even possible she—i'm telling you Ryleigh this only the half shit she had, i saw it." He cut me off.

"More information like what?" I asked and he closed the folder and sat it aside.

"I don't know if i got a confession out of her or not." He said.

"What?" I asked.

"I did what you told me to do, i switched the topic around and I used the mic you gave me, she said she made a vow that she wouldn't let you end up like yo' pops or her but she said some like you just ending up like yo' pops."

"If he went against her and ended up being killed and you going against her then—that's what she was implying." I cut him off before sighing.

"They don't even got evidence to point neither one of us to them murders it was like she was just tryna trigger me so i can give them a reason to take me in." I said.

"She wanted you to commit a class C felony, she was testing your anger." I said.

Knowing his history of anger management she knew what she was doing and how fast things could've got physical. If he would've acted on his thoughts he would've easily been incarcerated for ninety days. And it would've been nothing i could do to help.

"I almost fucked up, If Marcus wouldn't have came in there ion know what—but he did so don't worry about it." I said as i leaned on him.

It felt like something was off about him, it had me questioning what exactly made him mad because all he was doing was overthinking right now.

"Did you tell me everything bout the case?" He asked.

"Yeah why?"

"She said they been investigating me since i was 19." He looked over and grabbed a rolling tray beginning to roll up.

"I didn't know that's when the investigation started, i just started this case when i met you and you know that." I said.

"I know." He mumbled before licking the gar. "But i ask myself how is it that Regina supposed to be the one over everybody and controlling everybody when you not even 23 yet you able to make what eight people did illegally disappear yet legally.