30

"Thank y'all so much for coming over and making dinner

"Thank y'all so much for coming over and making dinner." I smiled even though they had mini arguments the whole time.

"You're welcome." Regina smiled.

"Of course." Katy gave me a hug grabbing my plate.

"I can wash the dishes you don't have to." I said standing up.

"Girl sit down, you don't need to be doing too much it's no problem i promise." She patted my shoulder and Regina rolled her eyes slickly before her phone rung.

"Anyways, It's the office." She stepped away on her phone.

"I'm trying to refrain myself Ryleigh I really am but she has one more time." Katy said as she cleaned our plates.

"Mama just ignore it please, this one time. Y'all both been throwing jabs at each other this whole time." I said.

"I'm trying but her little attitude and eye rolling is getting childish."She sighed.

Minutes later Regina came back.

"That was S.A Wilson, she was confirming that we got the search warrant for hernandez." She sat back down.

"You gotta hurry up and get better so you can back on the case." She looked on her phone taking a sip of the wine in her glass.

I could tell Katy wanted to say something right then and there.

"But Regina i'm overwhelmed and over working myself the doctor said i needed a week of rest." I said.

"You have a job Ryleigh it won't take a week for you to get back on track. While you're on bed rest you could at least go through files." She said.

"But- Ryleigh this is an ongoing case we can't lose any more time you still need to work." She cut me off.

"Don't you think you're being inconsiderate right now. For God's sake do you not have any sympathy for Ryleigh. It's like all you care about it this job and it's breaking her why you think she son bed rest in the first place." Katy said defending me.

"She knows what she signed up for it's no excuse." She kept her eyes on her phone.

"You've been heartless every since you— since i what?" She looked up immediately like she was daring Katy to say something but at the same time she looked afraid of what she almost said.

"Nevermind." Katy said and Regina looked relieved.

"Regina how do you do it?" I asked.

"Do what?" She asked.

"You have no real feelings, this job doesn't change your perspective?"

"Being emotional with this job almost risked my life that's why i'm like this. I don't care about emotions, feelings on or off the job. It doesn't do anything but get you hurt." She said and Katy scuffed.