34

"Ryleigh?"

"Ryleigh?"

I woke up from laying on the couch in the hospital room. I looked in front of me seeing that it was Myla calling my name but Mahzi was nowhere in sight.

"How you feeling?" I got up and sat in the chair beside her.

"My side hurts." Her eyes watered.

"You want me to call the doctor in here?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Where's my brother?" Her voice cracked.

"He'll be back." I said looking at the time. It was almost midnight, the incident happened around noon time, he's been gone every since. Her operation only took a hour.

"Thank you for staying with me." She looked down.

"You're welcome." I smiled.

"Was those people that shot at us the same ones that killed my brother?" She asked.

"I'm not sure." I answered.

"I know how my brother gets with situations like this." She sniffed. "He thinks everyone is out to get him and that everything is his fault, he'll try to push the people closest to him away but please don't leave him." She looked at me.

"What?" I questioned.

"He talks to me and our big sister about you a lot, he really likes you." I learned that they had a big sister during the car ride earlier. "Don't tell him i told you. He's gonna say some mean stuff to you but he doesn't mean it."

"He hasn't been the same since Milo, and he isn't doing well. I could care less about me right now, i'm scared for him." She sniffed again. "Please talk some sense into him."

"I'm not gonna leave him." I mumbled and Mahzi walked in with Draco and Myla quickly wiped her tears that were about to fall.

"You okay?" He walked in giving her a hug. He had on all black with a ski mask rolled up on his head and a hood on.

"Yeah, i have to stay in here for 7 days, I told Tia that i was just spending the week with you." She said referring to her foster mom.

"Glad you ight." Draco said and she smiled.

"I'm surprised you're here, thought you would be trying to buy everything out the vending machine." She joked.

"See you still got jokes." He said. "I be stress eating mane." He shook his head.

"Breaking News on Fox 13, This is Mearl Purvis, and Darrel Green." We all turned our heads paying attention to the news.

Family of three found gunned down and stabbed to death in their home. Police are still on the scene investigating.

Sources say 48 year old Linda Stevenson was stabbed a total of 40 times. 68 year old Teresa Stevenson and Jerry Stevenson was terribly beaten to death before being shot in the face leaving them unrecognizable.