¤ Prologue ¤

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

At the beginning, being able to see curses terrified (Y/n). She was only the young age of four the first time she came into contact with a curse, just having walked out of a burning building that was turning the rest of her family into ash. The girl was a child, she didn't understand what was going on. The only thing (Y/n) knew was that her mother told her to run away- run before the fire swallowed her too. So she did. And she ran straight into a low-grade cursed spirit.

(Y/n) remembers how she froze up after seeing the creature, staring at it with wide trembling eyes as she waited for it to make the first move to end her life. But as she waited and waited, nothing happened. Instead, the low grade curse hopped towards her and put a hand on her arm before leading her into an alleyway where more of these curses grouped together. Low-grade curses always gathered in big groups, it was easier that way.

(Y/n) remembered how she hesitantly sat down at the back of the alleyway that night, slowly becoming surrounded by these small spirits who looked to her like slimes with soft smiles, big eyes and skiny arms. The curses surrounding her in a way that enveloped her as a blanket as well providing a pillow, knowing that she was exausted. It was that day she realised cursed spirits were not her enemy, despite what anyone else may think.

(Y/n) stayed under the care of curses for 6 years, until she reached the age of 10 years old. Her life was peaceful with the curses and though it was no where near what may be classed as a normal life, she was happy with it. The curses fed her, kept her warm and played with her whenever she wanted. They were family to her. She didn't mind staying with them forever if this was how happy the rest of her life would be.

It wasn't until one rainy day that this perfect life got distrupted by a certain business man or ex-jujutsu sorcerer as some may call him. Nanami Kento hadn't expected to see what he did that day, he didn't prepare for such a sight. He met young (Y/n) on his way home one day as he just happened to be passing by a new street that evening, his usual route being boarded off due to road works.

What he saw that night was unusual, he did have to say. Even Gojo Satoru, the strongest jujutsu sorcerer in the world, was bewildered when Nanami reluctantly told him the story. But could you blame him, it wasn't every day that a bunch of low-level curses stole bread from the markets only to carry it back to a hungry child. Those same curses then sheilded her from the rain as she had her first meal in weeks.

Nanami made a mistake that day, one that would haunt him in the future. He exorsised those curses. Nanami Kento was now a buisness man, but old habits died hard and before he knew what he had done, he found that he was standing directly in the middle of a mist of disintegrating curses with a tearful red-eyed girl trembling at his feet.

The girl cried for hours that day, not understanding why this random man had come into her perfect little life on the streets only to kill her only family- her protectors. It took a while for Nanami to calm her down, explaining the nature of curses and their power to try and make her feel better. But she didn't care about their nature, she cared for them regardless.

The ex-jujutsu sorcerer offered her shelter that night, in exchange for killing her guardians. But that wasn't the reason for his offer at all. Nanami knew who she was- it was by her eyes, those piercing red orbs that were as entrancing as Gojo's but in a totally different way. This girl was special and Nanami would be damned of he let her go back to the streets to die.

That one night of shelter turned into days, and those days turned into months. Before he knew it, Nanami found himself attached to the girl. He didn't think it was possible, but he was. And before Gojo Satoru could warn him about the consequences of children, Nanami adopted the young girl who eventually told him her name was (Y/n).

During their years together, (Y/n) and Nanami became a fearsome duo, acting like a true father and daughter despite the blood that prevented them from being kin. Nanami taught the girl about the world of jujutsu, teaching her the basics as well as her own technique which honestly- was too messy for his liking.

It wasn't long before (Y/n) turned 18 and became a special grade first year student at Jujutsu high, Fushiguro Megumi as both her bestfriend and only classmate. Her teacher was Gojo Satoru, which you can imagine displeased Nanami very much. (Y/n) even had a boyfriend now, a boy who was not part of the jujutsu world.

The two had been together now for a total of 3 years, both of them balancing eachother out in terms of personality. He was the same age as her, going to a public school in Tokyo that he had tried to convince her to transfer to multiple times- always failing.

The boy was nothing short of adorable, a gentleman- just as his grandpa had taught him to be. Her boyfriend had even introduced her to his grandfather, who surprisingly liked her which was shocking for a man who tended to hate people and loved to be difficult. Unfortunately, (Y/n) could not give her boyfriend the same grace of meeting her family as she was always afraid that a curse would pop out of knowhere and Nanami would slice a kitchen knife beside her lover's head with an emotionless and shameless stare.

But Nanami did know about her relationship and was always supportive, knowing that the boy could easily be dealt with if he hurt (Y/n) in any way. But for now, he had no desire to meet him. And so their relashionship ran by smoothly, their connection only growing stronger despite her secrets.

Somehow, the girl had successfully managed to separate her personal life with the world of jujutsu, trying to make sure her boyfriend would never find out about the dark truth of the universe. Unfortunately for her, she didn't get much say in the matter when her boyfriend ate a cursed finger and became the vessel of The King of curses, Ryomen Sukuna.

You'd assume that Sukuna's sudden invasion would cause a hitch in their relashionship, but no.

Their bond only grew stronger.

(A.N ~ I love writing prologues.)

Chapter 1 Quote Teaser :

"You shouldn't visit me so often, child. I'm afraid the nurses might get the wrong idea."