Take you away ~ Ch64

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

"Is this the place?" Yuuji asked me as we walked through a pair of old rusted gates. I looked down at my phone where the address Gojo gave me was written.
"Yeah, it should be." I told him with a nod as we stood infront of the building. It was an abandoned hospital, now infested by plants and insects. It almost looked haunted from the outside, surrounded by tall grass and trees.

This place was located at the edge of Shinjoku, where not many people resided. The gates creaked behind us as we stepped closer to the doors of the old hospital. I could feel the curses inside, some at the lowest grade and others at a higher grade. I could feel the curse that we were informed about licated in the basement, a much higher grade than the rest of them.

"What grade is it?" Yuuji asked curiously.
"Grade 1, according to Kiyotaka." I told him, knowing that this curse was almost at the level of special grade- just not quite there. I could feel its cursed energy, even from where we stand, pulsing like blood rushing through the veins. We stopped infront of the buildings front doors which were wide open. Yuuji turned to face me.

"You are going to exorsise it.. right?" He asked me hesitantly, making my brows furrow and my heart quiver. Yuuji had a suspicion- one that could get me killed.
"Y-yeah. Of course. Why wouldn't I?" I asked him with a small forced chuckle  as if his words were ludicrous.
"I...I don't know. Sorry, I don't know why I asked that." Yuuji replied sheepishly, itching the back of his neck.

"Come on. Curses usually linger around the basement of hospitals. That's usually where the surgery or cremation rooms are." I told him as I boldy took a step into the building. Yuuji walked right behind me, following me to the staircase that led downstairs. I gulped as I walked ahead, preparing myself for the worst. I hated going on missions with other people. I had to watch as they exorsised a curse. When I was alone, I could offer the curse a home. I couldn't do that on joint missions. It usually helped if the curse had gone feral and completely unreasonable.

"I just realised...there must have been curses at the hospital gramps stayed at, right?" Yuuji asked me as we descended the staircase. I could see the small curses hiding between the cracks of the wall, my red eyes glowing slightly in warning as we took our steps.
"Yeah, a few." I confirmed, understanding where he was going with this.

"Did you exorsise them all?" Yuuji asked me. I tried not to show any sign of discomfort when I answered.
"The ones I could find, yes." I told him, lying through me teeth. The only thing I done was tell them all to stay in the basement so that no other sorcerer would find them out and about. Yuuji nodded with a small humm, not saying anything more.

When we got to the basement, we stood infront of the doors with hesitation. There was barely any light here, the darkness spreading like a disease. Our eyes got used to the lack of light, adjusting as we stared forwards at the door with parted lips. The door was torn to shreds, ripped open by thousands of tiny holes. Half of the door laid on the floor completely destroyed, other bits hanging on to the hinges by a thread.

"Woah..." Yuuji mumbled, using two of his fingers to glide and feel the textured wood. That's when I felt a massive burst of cursed energy, making my eyes widen.
"Yuuji!" I yelled quickly, warning him as a giant spike peirced through what was left of the wooden door and rushed towards him. Yuuji quickly evaded the attack just in time, junping back with seconds to spare.

"What the-" Yuuji's yell was interrupted as another spike charged towards him. The boy jumped and dodged, rolling through the basement doors as tiny needles were flown towards him. I followed him though, standing close behind him as my eyes flickered around the dark room in search of the curse. The moment it sent another attack to Yuuji, I manged to pinpoint its location. It was crouched at the left corner of the basement. I could barely make out its prickly body through the lack of light