Secrecy ~ Ch71

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

It's been uneventful today. From the moment I left Yuuji and Gojo, I've just been running small errands for Nanami and Masamichi. The whole time, Gojo's warning was on my mind. He really didn't want me to start poking around his buisness. A part of me told me that I shouldn't- that I really shouldn't, but by his reaction I knew that's where all my answers would be.

I would try to tame my curiousity for now. Seperating Yuuji from Sukuna should be my main priority, whatever was going on with Gojo- and even the issue that the higherups may be involved with my family's death, that should come later. The past wasn't more important than the future. I was willing to bite down on the cravings of knowlege- for Yuuji, nobody else.

During the time that I've been out, I've added two new curses to my cursed domain. They were both 2nd grade, fairly strong and seemingly beautiful to look at. Admittedly, most curses are horrific to look at- being created out people's most ugliest fears. But once in a while, a curse will be born out of a beautiful fear. Like the fear of shooting stars, for example. The curse made from that particular fear was stunning to look at.

When my errands were complete and I had gotten myself some dinner in a small roadside restraunt, I went back to my shared apartment. Nanami wasn't home, having gone out with a few old co-workers from his old buisness firm. He didn't really consider himself friends with them, but apparently they considered themselves friends with him. So when a man names Hiro got a major promotion, Nanami was one of the forst few he invited for drinks.

I went to my bedroom with a sigh, already knowing not to wait up for Nanami. He was a responsible drinker. He would be fine, without me needing to worry if he'd get home safely. I flopped onto my bed giddily, having wanted to feel it's comfort for the past few hours.

I didn't even remember falling asleep there, but I knew I had the moment my eyes groggily opened during what felt like only moments later as warm comforting heat flickered against my cheeks. My eyes slowly focused on my surroundings, seeing as much as it could in the dark. It wasn't hard to spot the reason that I woke up, him standing so boldly before my bed with his arms crossed and a few remaining firey wisps circling his shoulders from when he warped in.

"Is it time to train already?" I groaned, rolling over in my bed so that I wasn't facing him. I didn't want him to comment on my puffy face- which he'd already done before.
"The brat's on to you." Sukuna then said suddenly, making me freeze in place.
"W-what?" I stammered out in confusion, now sitting up and looking at him.
"You heard me. He's piecing things together one by one." Sukuna told me tauntingly, a small smirk on his lips.

"How?" I asked him more urgently. Damn it. I should have known he wouldn't let what happened in the train go.
"Six eyes took him to the clan archives. He's done quite a bit of research." Sukuna chuckled, leaning against the wall. He enjoyed watching me panic.

I was suprised Gojo took him to the clan archives- a blabbermouth like Yuuj? I would've thought he'd keep my information on a tighter leash. Maybe that just shows how persistent Yuuji was- how little he feels like he know about me in order to research my family without my knowlege. Now that he's been to the archives, he probably has read everything about my domain expansion and every other technique to go with it.

I groaned and threw my head back against the wall, clenching my eyes shut with frustration. Everything I do now, he's going to watch more carefully.
"Fuck. Damn it." I hissed, brushing a hand through my hair harshly.
"He saw through into my domain and now he's not going to let it go." I mumbled to myself in realisation.

"How much does he know?" I asked Sukuna, knowing that whatever Yuuji must have read, Sukuna knows.
"A lot. More than you actually." Sukuna chuckled wickedly, crossing his arms over his chest as if he were boasting. That made me pause. More than me? That could mean multiple things. That could mean he knew about my clan history from thousands of years ago- which in all honestly, I didnt really care about. Or he knew something vital- that I did care about. And by Sukuna's smirk, I'll have to guess the latter.

"He does?" I asked carefully, Sukuna nodding. The curse was clealy being tight lipped about it all- that much I actually gathered quite quickly.
"How many books did he read?" I asked Sukuna, wording my questions carefully.
"Two of six." The man replied, giving me some information that I didn't know. I didn't realise there were so many books about my family in the clan archives. I realised our section must be sealed with jujutsu, because everytime I visted, the section was empty.

Six books was a lot of books, and for Yuuji to read two- that was a lot of information. Information that Sukuna now had. On a normal occasion, he would have hinted more- he would have teased and maybe even told me a few things that would traumatise me. But he didn't tell me anything. I chuckled bitterly at my own realisation.
"Yuuji swore you to secrecy." I said outloud, Sukuna smirking.

"He did." The curse confirmed.
"In exchange for what? You must have made some kind of pact." I asked knowingly, knowing that Sukuna didn't do anything at all for free. The king of curses was just wicked that way.
"A favour. He owes me an undecided favour at an undecided date." Sukuna mused, seeming proud of my ability of knowing him so well.

"A favour? For anything at all? It must have been a big secret if Yuuji really agreed to something as dangerous as that." I realised with suprise. Sukuna hummed in agreement, strolling around me room now with a small smirk.
"You'll find out on your own in due time." Sukuna promised confidently, making me raise a brow at him.
"You're so sure?" I asked, making him chuckle darkly before saying,

"I am...and when you do, you'll be livid."

(A.N ~ Someone commented 'Double agent Sukuna' and I have decided that that is now the only way I'll allow us to view Sukuna from now on.)

Chapter 72 Quote Teaser :

"Well, shit...that's going to be a problem."