Fear ~ Ch33

¤ Flashback ¤

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

¤ 14 Years Ago - (Y/n) is 4 years old ¤

"Mama?" The young (L/n) asked her mother, looking up at the lady from where she sat cross-legged the carpeted floors. Her mother was a beautiful lady, one of the most beautiful women in the country of Japan. Her name was (L/n) Hikari, meaning light- because that's what she looked like. An angel, with the way the room lit up when she walked into it.

Not only was (Y/n)'s mother known across Japan for her looks but also her fearsome power. She was the head of the (L/n) clan, having been passed down the title from her late mother who was the hesd of the clan before her death. Next to inherit the position was (Y/n) who was the only child of Hikari- though none of them were prepared for the possibility that that may never happen.

"Yes, Sweetheart?" (Y/n)'s mother replied sweetly, averting her eyes away from her book to look down at her daughter who seemed no longer interested in her drawings anymore.
"What is that?" The young child asked curiously, her words slightly lisped as she pointed at the wooden case that was firmly mounted onto the wall.

Hikari didn't have to look up to realise what (Y/n) was talking about, but she did so anyway- because even she found herself distracted by the contents of that case sometimes. The case was closed shut with a simple lock with an ordinary key, though if it were kept anywhere else then it would be contained by mountains of seals and cursed sigls. But the (L/n)s had no need for such measures, no curse would defy them for the prize of a mere finger.

"That's a cursed object." Her mother explained simply, both their eyes locked firmly on the wooden box mounted beneath the glass where a certain curse's finger peacefully resided.
"Curse object?" (Y/n) parroted incorrectly, her innocent eyes focused on the box as if she were magically attempting to see what was inside.

"Yes, it's the finger of a very powerful man named Ryomen Sukuna." Hikari explained as she looked back at her daughter's curious gaze. Her red eyes shone brightly, a key feature given to all pure blooded (L/n)'s.
"Why'd you take his finger, mama?" (Y/n) asked worriedly, her cheeky puffed out as she pouted. Her mother couldn't help but chuckle at (Y/n)'s question.

"One day Ryomen Sukuna will come back for his finger." Hikari explained with an amused smile as her eyes flickered back up to the mounted box. The noirette wondered if he would be reincarnated during her lifetime or not. How exciting that would be to meet Ryomen Sukuna. Records say that her ancestors were very fond of the man- though the same could not be said for the other way around.

Maybe he'd be reincarnated during (Y/n)'s rein as the head of their clan. Maybe her sweet nature would help him understand that the (L/n) clan are not enemies of his- even less so now that he shall become a full curse.
"Will he be angry?" (Y/n) asked her mother with a frown, seeming not to want Sukuna to be displeased with her.
"Possibly." Hikari replied with amusement. Ryomen Sukuna was born from the hate and rage of other humans- Hikari was sure that sometimes he was angry and bitter even when he didn't want to be.

Before (Y/n) could ask anymore questions, a knock sounded loudly at the door. The two girls turned their heads as the door opened, seeing (L/n) Chizu at the entrance. He was (Y/n)'s cousin, and not a full-blooded (L/n). As an 17 year old who could not use the full extent of the (L/n) abilities, the boy became the guard of Hikari- being at his aunts side was his greatest honour.

"My lady, Sanguru is here to speak to you. He says it is urgent." Chizu said with a respectful bow. Sanguru was Hikari's brother, and one of (Y/n)'s uncles. He was the protector of the (L/n) clan, mostly relying on brute strength more than his cursed energy or jujutsu.
"Alright. Send him in." (Y/n)'s mother commanded with a greatful smile before looking back at her daughter who was now once again focused on Ryomen Sukuna's finger.