Mad ~ Ch35

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

I rushed back to the apartment and made it inside with 20 minutes to spare. I actually hadn't been in this apartment for a while- over a week or so. It was a fairly fancy but a modern apartment, decorated in differnt shades or grey and white. The floors were marble and the windows as high as the ceiling. Nanami moved apartment the moment he signed my adoption papers so that he could move to a more 'child-friendly environment'.

The first thing I done was get into the shower to wash off the sewer smell from my clothes and skin. I spent 10 minutes in the shower and the other 10 in my room getting changed into a new set of clothes. The moment I had finally gotten changed, I heard the door unlock. When Nanami said he would be home at 7, he always meant it. Nanami was always dot on time, he never enjoyed being early and definitely did not enjoy being late.

Nanami walked through the door with confidence, while Yuuji stumbled in tiredly behind him. I couldn't say I wasn't surpised seeing Yuuji here. I didn't think Kento would ever willingly invite Yuuji here after work hours. Yuuji looked exhausted after today's mission, a few cuts on his cheeks proving his hard work. The boy could barely keep himself up but the moment he was in the apartment and Kento closed the door behind him, Yuuji's eyes finally landed on the interior of the apartment.

Yuuji had never been to mine and Nanami's apartment, everytime we had sleepovers we'd sleep at his place because before this Sukuna buisness, Nanami had no interest in meeting Yuuji. It wasn't personal. After all, he had never officially met Yuuji then. Kento just didn't have any interest to know or see the boy that his daughter was getting intimate with. It was uncomfortable for him. But now, it wasn't up to him anymore- which is why it suprised me that Nanami invited Yuuji back to our apartment for dinner.

"Woah! This is where you live!?" Yuuji exclaimed loudly with suprise, twirling around on the spot as his eyes flickered around the room. I leaned on my bedroom door frame as I watched Yuuji with a small smile, finding his reaction adorable to say the least.
"It's so fancy!" Yuuji gasped with shock. Nanami ignored Yuuji's childish exclaims as he put his keys on the dish beside the door. The blonde then walked around Yuuji as he shrugged off his grey blazer.

"I would say make yourself at home...but please don't." Nanami grumbled, Yuuji barely even paying attention to the comment as he wondered forward into the living room with curiousity. Nanami then hung up his blazer on the coat hanger before walking over to me, probably having realised that I was standing there from the moment he came in with Yuuji hot on his tail.
"Did you get some sleep, (Y/n)?" Kento asked as he unbuttoned two of his shirt's buttons.

"Yep. Four long hours." I replied cheerfully, forcing myself not to be reminded of how I got that sleep or what I remembered during those four hours- or Megumi's conversation with me after I woke up. I would push it away for now.
"Only four? Surely I gave you longer than that?" Nanami asked with confusion.
"I took a shower and made some tea also." I told him, lying about the tea part but the more excuses the better.

"I see." He mumbled as he slipped off his glasses and put them on the cupboard in the hallway.
"You need to remember that sleep is important, (Y/n). Without it, you're a body without drive." Nanami told me as he rolled up his sleeves. I nodded in reply, my eyes flickering to Yuuji who was now looking out the cieling high windows with pure awe.

"I'll get started on dinner. Do you have any preference for tonight's meal? We haven't dined together for a while." Nanami asked as he took a step toward's the kitchen.
"I've been craving your katsu curry recently?" I suggested, him noding stoically in response.
"Katsu curry it is then." He replied as he turned on his heel and began walking into the kicthen.