Substitute ~ Ch31

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

After such a weird night, Yuuji and I were escorted back to the basement and told to get some rest. Yuuji went out like a light, exhausted from his training today. While I laid in his arms, staring up at the cieling. Sukuna didn't bother me too much since our game of Shogi, though he did mention during the time that Yuuji was asleep thag it was quite rude for me to disappear from his domain like that- despite knowing exactly what happned to cause it.

The next day, Gojo gave us both a rude awakening- dragging us out of Jujutsu tech no matter how much we complained about how our backs hurt from how uncomfortable that sofa was. Gojo didn't say much to us as he walked us through the streets of Tokyo. The only thing I could go by was what he had briefly mentioned to me earlier- that he had a meeting with Gakuganji today and needed to find Yuuji a substitute teacher. My guess was that we were meeting with Kiyotaka at the site of our next mission.

Admittedly, I didn't pay too much attention to where I was going, just being led by Yuuji who had his arm loosely hung around my waist. I was far too focused on my phone, reading through the hundereds of missed messages left by a certain black haired student. He was worried about me.
"I wonder what we're doing today." Yuuji mumbled to me, looking around our surroundings with awe and curiousity.

"Do you think we're going on another mission?" He asked me with an excited tone. I didn't reply, still going the the recent messages Megumi had sent me only this morning. He kept asking me to reply, to let him know I was alright. But I felt guilty. I was here with Yuuji while he was there grieving and I couldn't let him know that everything was alright now. I couldn't lie and tell him that I was grieving too, because that was just evil. But I couldn't keep ignoring him for long.

"Or do you think that maybe we're observing Gojo again?" Yuuji then added curiously, putting his hand over his chin in thought. But again, I did not reply. My fingers hovered over the keyboard of my phone hesitantly. I should say something to Megumi. Anything. That I'm okay. That wouldn't be a compelete lie. But still, the guilt wouldn't leave if I did reply, would it?

"(Y/n)?" Yuuji asked, now looking over to me with confusion as he realised that I was not answering him. My head snapped up the moment he said my name, pulling me out of my head that was drowing in guilty thoughts.
"Yeah, sorry. What were you saying?" I asked him, not remembering any of the questions that he asked me.

"Do you know what Gojo has planned for today?" Yuuji asked me innocently, not questioning me about why I hadn't been paying attention for a while. I shook my head in reply as I switched off my phone and shoved it in my pocket.
"Not really. All I know is that Satoru's got a meeting with someone later today to probably talk about your 'death'. So he's probably gonna leave is with Kiyotaka or someone else." I explained, internally hoping that it wasn't Kiyotaka. Why couldn't Ieiri cover a lesson for once?

Yuuji's mouth parted with awe and understanding, nodding his head as he thought over the possibilities.
"Come on you two! Let's get a move on!" A voice called out, making us both turn to face Gojo. I honestly forgot he was here, him being so far ahead die to walking to fast. Curse his long tarantula legs. Yuuji and I jogged so that we could catch up to him, now walking directly behind him.

It was only now that I realised we weren't on the streets of Tokyo anymore. We were now deep underground.
"What're we doing today, Gojo?" Yuuji then asked, hoping that this would be the time Gojo would answer him as he had already tried to ask him twice in the past hour. For his sake, I hope this time would finally be the time he got an answer.

"You've got a mission." Gojo replied casually, making Yuuji cheer almost instantly with glee and excitement.
"Aw yeah!" He yelled, pumping his fist into the air. I couldn't help but shake my head softly with a smile at his childishness. It never gets old.
"I won't be able to lead you this time. But don't worry because I've called in an old friend that you can trust!" Gojo yelled excitedly as we neared an old wooden door. Since when did Kiyotaka get such a majestic introduction?