Archives ~ Ch67

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

Just as Gojo requested, Kiyotaka took Yuuji to visit the great achrives of the jujutsu clans. This was essentially a moderate sized library, located behind jujutsu tech academy. Students had restricted access to it, only allowed when accompanied by a member of staff. If they read something that wasn't supposed to spread, they'd be warned what wouuld happen to them if this information was to get leaked.

Permanent expulsion from Tokyo jujutsu high and every other jujutsu training academy in the country.

After Kiyotaka picked him up, he once again assured Yuuji of what he was getting himself into. He said once he knew, there would not be a way to unknow- no way to forget or change the way he would then view things. He was warned over and over again, telling him that no matter what he read, he couldn't tell (Y/n) or speak of it with anyone who didn't know already.

Yuuji didn't understand why his confidentiality was so important to the school, but he was hoping to find out thanks to this visit. To Yuuji, this library looked no different from every other library, filled with booked with all different sizes and colours.
"This is it?" Yuuji asked to himself as he strolled through the isles, fingers grazing across each shelf as Kiyotaka simoly walked in silence behind him.

Every shelf was labled with the names of different clans. Some Yuuji recognised, some he did not. The Gojo clan for example, that one was easy. The Inumaki clan? That was not. But Yuuji kept browzing untill he came upon the shelf that he came here for, The (L/n) clan. Only, to his suprise, there wasn't a single book on the shelf. Yuuji swirled around to face Kiyotaka, brows firrowed with confusion.

"I don't get it. Where's the books?" Yuuji asked him. That's when Kiyotaka stepped forward, making a hand sign with his fingers and mumbling under his breath. Yuuji watched with fascination, his eyes flickering between Kiyotaka and the shelf. And like a veil of falling smoke, the books revealed themselves to him. The darkness looked like a cloud, spilling off the books like rippling water. The smoke dispelled into the air, evaporting in seconds.

Yuuji gaped in awe, his fingers hesitantly lifting up to trace across the delicate crimson red spines of the books that were definitely not there seconds ago. That was awesome, he thought.
"Why hide them?" Yuuji then asked Kiyotaka curiously, plucking a single book off the shelf while staring at the others. There were 6 in total.
"Because Miss Nanami likes to read." Kiyotaka answered simply, making Yuuji suprised.

They really didn't want (Y/n) to know about her family, he thought. That much was clear by the lengths they went to keep this all from her. But he didn't understand. What was so bad about them? Even if they were villains of some kind- which he doubted, (Y/n) would not immediately want to become a villain by reading about her family history. These precautions were totally unnecessary, Yuuji thought.

With furrowed brows, Yuuji collected all six books in a dusty stack in his arms before lowering himself to the floor and placing them all down. If he was going to get any answers to his questions he had to start reading.
"You'll lose the little (L/n)'s trust, you know." A certain dark voice chuckled at the back of his mind. Yuuji pursed his lips, ignoring Sukuna as he got comfortable cross-legged, his back against another shelf. Kiyotaka sighed and sat down too, his legs outstretched as he pulled out his phone.

"Will this be worth it? Losing your pretty little girlfriend?" Sukuna added. Yuuji could practically hear the wicked grin. Yuuji sneered, clenching his eyes closed. Shut up. He yelled into his head.
"Why? Because you know I'm right." Sukuna continued, his voice echoeing smugly through Yuuji's mind.

This is the only way, Yuuji thought. This was the only way he'd know her better. Those curses in the reflection on that table- that wasn't a trick of the light. And he wanted to know why she was so adamant on Yuuji thinking it was. Yuuji sucked in a deep breath as he pulled open the first volume of the (L/n) archives, Sukuna's voice fading away with a last haunting chuckle. Yuuji then began his reading.