Hostage ~ Ch23

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

"W-what wrong with Yuuji?" I asked shakily, staring into Sukuna's red eyes with panic. The grin on his face scared me and I wondered if it meant that he had won, that Yuuji's body was his to control forever. I took a step back unconciously as Sukuna slow walked towards me, seeming more than pleased with himself.

"He's having trouble switching back. I guess he was weaker than you all thought." Sukuna grinned, making me shake my head in denial.
"Yuuji's strong. It's only a matter of time before he takes control again." I whispered, my voice not even sounding the slighest bit confident as Sukuna looked down at me. He stood over me intimidatingly, his eyes full of entertainment and excitement.

"Maybe. But the question is what can I accomplish before he does?" Sukuna whispered into my ear. I gulped at his words, my body freezing up. And though I was nervous, I tried not to let it show.
"What? Are you going to kill me then?" I asked him bitterly, refusing to make eye-contact with him. He's said before that he did plan to try and kill me one day. But then he's also said that he wants me alive. Which is it?

"No. I've told you that already." Sukuna told me pointedly, making me bite my inner cheek angrily. He says that like it would be so easy to kill me. Because though I didn't want to, I could still kill him with any of my cursed techniques.
"Then what?" I hissed, begging in my hesd that I could stall long enough for Yuuji to fight through to the surface.

"I believe there's another brat out there that I can kill." Sukuna suggested with a teasing grin, putting two fingers under his chin as he pretended to think about it. My eyes went wide as Megumi's terrified face crossed my mind.
"Fushiguro..." I whispered numbly, watching as Sukuna smirked at my realisation. I could fight Sukuna, but then I'd only be hurting Yuuji. How could I protect a friend without losing another?

"You're coming with me." Sukuna said suddenly, putting a hand on my hip as he pulled me closer to him. I felt the heat of the firey wisps that circled us as he warped us outside. I felt the ground being stripped from my feet only to be replaced a second later, Sukuna breathing into my neck as we warped. I was out of breath by the time he parted from me, weak in the knees from the shock of warping so suddenly.

Sukuna pushed me down gently untill I had crumbled onto the floor, my hands trembling on my lap. Thoughts ran wild in my head. I didn't know what to do. How could I call myself a special grade sorcerer? When someone I love was truly in danger, I freeze up and become useless. Sukuna snickered as he squatted down to my height on the floor, tapping my head as if I were his pet.

"Sit." He grinned, making me scoff with offence. Who did he think I was?
"I'm not your fucking dog." I spat. It was then that I activated my cursed energy, getting ready to link myself to my curse running through Yuuji's blood stream. But before I could lift my hand, Sukuna grabbed my wrists in each of his palms. His eyes shone with sadism as he crushed both my hands, the bones shattering into small fragements and my skin turning blue.

I screamed with pain louder than I had ever screamed before, tears running down my cheeks as I cried out. I looked down at my hands once Sukuna let go, seeing that they looked mutilated and unrecognisable now. I couldn't move them and the only thing on my mind was the incredible pain I was in.
"It's just a precaution for what comes next. I don't want you ruining my fun with that Jujustu of yours." Sukuna said pointedly, tilting his head with fake sympathy.

I could only continue to cry in pain, curling myself into a ball and cradling my hands to my chest. I didn't think I would ever fear Sukuna. But now that he held the lifes of so many people that I cared about in his hands, I was starting to realise why everyone was so terrified. What had he been though during his human life that made him so angry with the world?