Special Grade ~ Ch21

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

A few days went past after our first mission as a full class. We didn't have a new mission for a while and Yuuji used that time to work on his strength. He worked out every day and improved his stamina and speed so that he would be more prepared for his next mission, not wanting to be the one that drags down the team.

I didn't hear from Sukuna much over the past few days apart from a few snarky comments here and there. He hadn't pulled me into his innate domain since the last time he did, maybe that was because I hadn't tried to heal Yuuji since that last time. I gave myself a rule, to only heal him when the wound is deep and at risk of scaring. I would no longer bother with his paper cuts and scratches, not wanting to risk Sukuna getting into my head any more than be already was.

Today was our second mission as a complete class, the first real mission we've had in almost a week. Unfortunately, Gojo wasn't here for this mission. He messaged me this morning as said that he had a meeting with the higher ups to attend to. I was surprised he was actually going, usually opting to ignore them untill someone physically has to drag him into meeting. But even so, I didn't question it.

We were now stood at the gateway entrance of a juvenile detention centre, the whole class circled around Kiyotaka who was put in charge of guiding us through this mission. I wasn't the biggest fan of Kiyotaka's, I did have to admit. He always walked around like he was better than everyone with his gelled hair and fancy suits but I have never seen him fight. It was odd.

I sensed high traces of cursed energy inside the prison, sensing at multiple curses in the building but only one of them seemed to be special grade. I could feel it from out here. But I doubt Kiyotaka knew that, otherwise they wouldn't have sent first years.
"Definelty a cursed womb. Our window sources verified that about three hours ago." Kiyotaka informed, making us all nod.

"Once 90% was evactuated, the descision was made to seal the centre. All citizens within a 500 metre radias have been evactuated as well." Kiyotaka finished, everyone listening carefully.
"I-uh...have a question. What is this window?" Yuuji asked hesitantly, clearly not liking being the only one in the dark about sorcerer terminology. Kiyotaka sighed and adjusted his glasses. Smug bastard.

"It's an inhouse term where unique members of jujutsu tech can see curses but they aren't sorcerers." The black haired man explained dully, making Yuuji awe quietly in realisation.
"Oh! Okay." Yuuji replied cheerfully.
"Let's continue. Detainee block 2. 5 detainees are still inside along with the cursed womb. If the cursed womb is the type that metamorphos, we predict it could become a special grade cursed spirit." Kiyotaka explained, making me grimace.

Too late. I can tell it's a special grade from out here. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Megumi and Nobara tense at the realisation that we could be dealing with a special grade cursed spirit. I couldn't help but wonder why they would send other first years on this mission if they were aware of the risk. Toge and I could have handled this.

"Normally a guy on par with the spirit would be sent on this mission. That would have been (Y/n) and Gojo." Megumi told Yuuji, making him gasp loudly as he remembered Gojo.
"Huh, where is Gojo then?" Yuuji asked, looking around as if Gojo would pop out of knowhere. Though, now that I was thinking about it, that was something Gojo was best at- showing up unannounced.

"Away on buisness. A guy like him has better things to do than loaf around the school in the first place." Megumi told him, making me scoff loudly.
"Yeah, like pick fights with the higher ups." I muttered to myself, Megumi elbowing me in the side after my comment making me wince loudly and glare at me. It was the truth though, wasn't it?