Understand ~ Ch16

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

Yuuji awoke at sunset, when the sky was a redish orange and the clouds were knowhere in sight. The boy rose from his spot on (Y/n)'s lap with a satisfied hum, this being one of the most relaxing naps he had ever taken. (Y/n) was still reading her book when Yuuji woke up, putting a bookmark in on her specific page the moment she saw his eyes flutter open. It had been a good few hours since he fell asleep and she you would thought that by now she'd be bored. But a certain curse was circling her mind.

"Hey, babe." Yuuji greeted with a tired smile, rubbing his eyes as he sat cross-legged facing his girlfriend.
"Hey, baby. Did you sleep well?" The girl asked him, honestly not even having to by the rested look on Yuuji's face. Yuuji grinned at the question, flashing his teeth as he grinned at the girl.
"Yeah, that was one of the best naps I've ever had." He told her, making her chuckle in amusement.

"I'm glad." She mused, watching as Yuuji began to look around him as if he forgot he had moved into the jujutsu tech dorms. Then his attention got captured by the red sky, making his lips unpart.
"Oh, hey! The sun's going down." Yuuji exclaimed, the sleepiness slowly leaving him as he began feeling more awake.
"Mhm. You slept for a good 4 hours." The girl replied, looking down at the digital clock on his bedside table for an accurate estimation.

"Woah, why didn't you wake me? You must have been bored." Yuuji frowned, now feeling guilty for the amount of rest that he got. The boy ignored the annoying voice at the back of his head that spurred sarcastic comments, trying to stir trouble. (Y/n) shook her head in denial, lying to Yuuji immediately so that he wouldn't feel bad about getting the rest he needed and deserved.

"No, I...lost track of time." The girl told him, avoiding telling him about her conversation with Sukuna. She wasn't sure if she knew how to explain that. But unfortunately for her, Sukuna wouldn't let it go. He kept annoying Yuuji with his cocky comments until the point that it was impossible for Yuuji not to listen.

"Your woman has an amusing way with words."

"How sad that our conversation was about a topic that she'd never share with you."

"After I take over your body, I may actually keep her around. She provides good entertainment..."

That was what made Yuuji bring it up, how could he not after that last comment. After threatening to kill everyone in sight, he actually wants to keep one person alive? That was what baffled Yuuji. What was he missing?
"Hey, (Y/n)..." Yuuji began, losing all confidence, unable to look her in the eyes. Sukuna knew Yuuji's plan, maliciously laughing at the back of the boy's mind which made him want to attempt to claw him out.

The girl hummed in response, placing her closed book on the counter beside the bed before crossing her legs, mirroring her boyfriends position on the bed. Yuuji played with his fingers, not knowing if he should just come out and ask her the question straight out.
"Did you...speak with Sukuna today?" Yuuji asked, Sukuna's laugh becoming louder in the back of his mind.

(Y/n) froze at the question, only for a moment because she didn't want Yuuji to feel as if she was hiding something. She was a fool to think her conversations with Sukuna would stay between her and Sukuna. The man enjoyed embarrassment, he enjoyed stirring trouble- especially within her relashionship. She wondered if Yuuji knew exactly what they were talking about, did Sukuna spill everything- even the things she wasn't ready to speak about with anyone but a curse.

"Why?" She asked slowly, watching as Yuuji scratched the back of his neck shepishly as if he were the one who felt ashamed about asking this question.
"He's just saying some weird things to me, is all." Yuuji admitted with a sigh, ruffling his hair which made it more puffy and stuck up. (Y/n) sighed also, deciding to tell Yuuji about the conversation with the King of curses- but very vaguely, of course.