Upperhand ~ Ch27

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

I wasn't sure how long I'd been sitting beside Yuuji in silence, playing games on my phone right up untill I got the notification that I had a measly 10% left. Sukuna's words were still on my mind, circling my brain like a tyrannical wasp. He knew the effect his words had on me. If he didn't, he wouldn't bother saying them.

"I'm back!" A chipper voice yelled, snapping me out of my 2 hour long daze. I only needed ears to know it was Gojo, his voice shocking me out of a trance so hard that I had to throw a pillow at him from both shock and anger of his ourburst. The pillow was stopped an inch before his face. But even though it didn't touch him, that didn't mean I didn't hurt him.

"Wha-Hey!?" Satoru exclaimed defensively, betrayal written across his voice. I rolled my eyes as I stood up, pressing a finger to my lips.
"Shush! Yuuji's resting." I told him, pointing over to Yuuji who's eyes were still somehow closed despite all the ruckus that Gojo caused. Satoru's lips parted in realisation as he looked over at his student.

"Oh, my bad! But- forgive me I'm mistaken...Didn't he feel well rested after being- you know...dead?" Satoru asked in confusion, lowering his volume as I came closer to him beside the staircase.
"He said he woke up with a splitting migrane." I told Gojo, my eyes constantly flickering back to Yuuji just to make sure that I hadn't woken him up.

"I see..." Gojo mumbled to himself.
"(Y/n)..." The man then began, looking back to me with a serious expression that instantly caught my attention. I hummed in response, my brows furrowing at the change in atmosphere.
"Did Itadori say anything to you yet?" He then asked me curiously. And although I knew exactly what he meant, I played dumb.

"Like what?" I replied softly, not showing any hint on my face of knowing what he could have meant. But I did.
"About how he's alive...or anything about Sukuna?" Gojo asked me, his voice unusually low. I didn't allow myself to get frazzled, and even if I did- the light burn on my wrist would have snapped me out of it. It wasn't painful so to say, but hot enough to snap me out of a daze. It was a warning.

"No." I began, Sukuna's mark on my wrist ceasing to burn the moment I began denying everything. I would have denied knowing anything anyway, I didn't need his imput on the matter. I didn't need jujutsu sorcerers digging into my relationship with curses.
"He just said he woke up with a migrane." I told him confidently. I could tell Satoru was doubtful of my answer, but he didn't push on. He only hummed, accepting my reply.

"I see you've cleaned the place up." Satoru began, changing the subject as he looked around the room. My gaze followed, nodding silently. I couldn't just sit around and do nothing for the whole time Yuuji was asleep, I'd die of bordem.
"Yeah. If this is gonna be Yuuji's new room, I want it to feel less like a prison cell." I told the man, hinting at the fact that I wasn't approving of this decision that I already knew he made.

"And how did you know that this would be Yuuji's new room?" Gojo asked with slight suprise, crossing his arms over his chest as he spoke. I rolled my eyes before mimicking his posture.
"But it is though, isn't it? You're not going to tell anyone he's alive- including our class mates which means that he can't live in the dorms anymore." I accused with a slight glare as Gojo sighed.

"You're correct. I just think it's best that I keep the fact that he's alive from everyone- most importantly the higherups." My teacher told me, not at all intimidated by my glare.
"Would you have kept it from me too?..." I asked him quietly, looking down at my wrists with a clenched jaw. If Sukuna had brought Yuuji back from his own accord during the time I wasn't in the room, would Gojo have told me?