First Mission ~ Ch19

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

A smile laid restind on my face when Yuuji walked out of the building, followed by a girl our age and a young kid whom she was comforting. Gojo stood up when he saw them, slow clapping for effect when it honestly sounded more like mockery.
"Well done, you two. An excellent show!" Gojo grinned, praising them in the most condescending way possible.

"How could you see us?" Yuuji asked curiously, probably not having been told yet about Gojo's cursed technique- which was a suprise considering that he loved to constantly brag about it.
"Don't ask." I sighed, knowing that Gojo would use that question as an excuse to begin the story of 'how he became the best jujutsu sorcerer in the world'. I've unfortunately had to sit in on dozens of those conversations. I fell asleep through every single one.

"(Y/n)!" Yuuji exclaimed happily, noticing me after I had spoken and stepped out of Satoru's shadow. That man was too tall for his own good. I smiled at my boyfriend, giving him a wave as walked closer to him. His grin grew wider as he enveloped me for a tight hug.
"Hey, Yuu." I greeted, hugging him as if we hadn't seen eachother when we woke up this morning.

"Who's this, Itadori?" A girl interrupted from behind Yuuji, probably being the new girl that begun today. Kugisaki Nobara, if I remember correctly. Once Yuuji heard Kugisaki, he let go of me and stood to my side while keeping an arm loosely hung around my shoulders.
"This is my girlfriend, Nanami (Y/n). She's a first year too." Yuuji introduced on my behalf, me bowing respectfully to Nobara as he spoke.

"An idiot like you has a girlfriend? A pretty one?" Nobara asked in shock, somehow looking confused and mortified at the same time. I giggled at her reaction, Yuuji scoffing in offence.
"Hey!" He exclaimed with puffed cheeks, pulling me closer to him as he glared at Nobara. I don't even think he noticed me laughing. Nobara shook her head with amusement, smiling kindly at me as she walked closer.

"All jokes aside, I'm glad there's another girl. I was worried I'd be alone with a bunch of guys." Nobara admitted, making me chuckle in understand. Been there, done that- for multiple years.
"I reacted similarly after finding out about you too." I laughed, connecting my hand to her outstretched one, shaking it formally. I hope in the future that we will move on to hugs. Even Megumi likes a hug once in a while.

"I'm Kugisaki Nobara. It's a pleasure to meet you." She greeting kindly as we shook hands. I was about to make a joke about how Yuuji had already greeted on my behalf but before I could, I felt a tug against my shirt. I looked down in confusion before parting hands with nobara.

"Excuse me, miss." A boy said shyly, the same boy that Nobara and Yuuji had just 'saved' on their first mission from inside that old abandoned house.
"Oh hey, kid." I replied, bending down to his height so that I could be eye-level with him. However, he didn't want to make eye contact, his cheeks pink with timidity. He looked to the floor for a few moments before gathering all his confidence to look me in the eyes.

"Will you marry me?!" He blurted out, his cheeks tinted red while my eyes widened in suprise. I chuckled in amusement, everyone else laughing with me- well, everyone but Yuuji. My poor boyfriend seemed shell-shocked, spurting out shocked nonsense.
"Heh?! Hey! I just saved your ass and you repay me by proposing to my girlfriend?!" Yuuji yelled angrily, the kid sticking out his tongue in response which just made me laigh harder.

"Sorry, kid. I'm just too old for you." I mused out with fake sympathy, putting his head apologetically as the boy sighed with a small disappointed frown.
"It's okay. I'll be back when I'm older!" He replied confidently, giving me a thumbs up as Yuuji got so angry that he had to be held back by Megumi.
"Like hell you will!" Yuuji growled, fighting Megumi and the noirette reasoned that Yuuji couldn't kill a child.

"Come on kid, let's get you home." Gojo chuckled, pulling the kid to him by his hood so that they could walk ahead of us. Megumi, Yuuji, Nobara and I walked behind them, walking the boy back to his home. He didn't actually live too far from where we were, only a few blocks down. It was a peaceful walk once Yuuji calmed down, him being too tired to continue being angry at the child after the first few minutes.

By the time we got go the boy's home, it was sunset. The sky was a lovely hue of oranges and pinks, blending together to look almost like an artwork. Once the kid confirmed that we were on the right street, me, Yuuji and Nobara sat on a few nearby steps while Megumi stood with Gojo to see the kid reach his door.
"This is it! Thank you guys!" He yelled out gratefully, waving with a grin as we all yelled out goodbyes from where we sat.

I leaned my head on Yuuji's shoulder as we waited for Gojo and Megumi to confirm that he was safely in his house.
"Hey! You guys wanna go get something to eat?" Gojo asked as he and Megumi walked over to us. After hearing food, Yuuji, Nobara and I's energy came flying right back into us. Each of us seemed to crave something different.

"Steak!"

"Sushi!"

"Ramen!"

"Leave it to me." Gojo replied with an amused chuckle, his hands in his pockets as he turned back to Megumu who was unusually quiet.
"Megumi, are you in?" Gojo asked, Megumi looking distracted and not giving him a response. Gojo shrugged before walking away, us following him and leaving Megumi behind.

The noirette didn't snap out of it untill we were metres away, scoffing in disbelief before running after us.
"Hey, wait up!" He yelled, trying to catch up. Yuuji put his arm around my waist as we walked ahead, Nobara even further infromt of us while Megumi opted to walk beside Gojo.
"So, how was your first mission?" Inasked him curiously, wanting to kow if he enjoyed himself. Maybe a part of me hoped he didn't.

"Tiring. It really works up an appetite." He admitted with a breathless laugh, patting his growlinh stomach.
"I bet." I laughed, nuzzeling my cheek against his shoulder as we walked to sheild myself from the wind.
"How was your visit with your dad?" Yuuji asked me, drawing circles into ny waist unconciously.

"Alright, I guess. He mostly ranted to me about how much easier his last job was compared to 'this sorcerer bullshit'." I quoted Nanami with a laugh, Yuuji chuckling with me. Before he could reply, Nobara called out to him loudly.
"Hey, you! Go get my things!" Nobara called out from infront of us, pointing at Yuuji which made him scoff loudly.

"Huh, why should I?! I thought we were even now?" Yuuji yelled back, his grip on me becoming tighter as he glared at Nobara. Nobara rolled her eyes at his comment, sigh at his words.
"We won thanks to my cursed energy. You got a problem with that?!" She growled, looking Yuuji in the eyes.
"What about my raw strength?!" Yuuji fought.

"That freak strengh you get from eating weird shit?" She fired back, coming closer to him as if to dare him to deny it.
"It's not just from that! Right, (Y/n)?!" He asked, looking at me to back him up where in which I just hummed and nodded im agreement with him.
"See! I bet Fushiguro agrees too- Hey...are you alright, Fushiguro?" Yuuji asked hesitantly, cutting himself off after looking back at Megumi who didn't seem in the best of spirits.

"He's just pouting because he didn't get to fight." I explained with a teasing grin, knowing Megumj just as well as I knew Yuuji. We grew up together, after all.
"Aww, little baby." Nabara mocked, making Yuuji and ai burst out in laughter. Even Gojo grinned while Megumi just scowled, pure resentment practically radiating off him as we laughed.

Today was a good day. Yes, these crazy circumstances weren't ideal. But this might not all be so bad after all.

(A.N ~ I hope you liked it. I know it might seem a little slow now but I need to set up the chemistry for future chapters. Sukuna next chapter!)

Chapter 20 Quote Teaser :

"I'm in need of entertainment."