Theory ~ Ch46

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

Step by step, I slowly climbed Sukuna's tower of bones. I didn't rush. I knew time progressed differently here than it did in the waking world. I was wasting nobody's time but Sukuna's. His gaze was playful, watching me climb each set of bones like it were a staircase. The curse didn't tear his gaze from me, watching me intently until I stood directly infront of his throne. The air was thicker up here, I wondered why.

I sat down before him casually, making him huff with amusement. I wasn't sure where I got the confidence to be so close to him, only five minutes ago I was terrified to be in reaching distance of him, close enough for him to touch me ij that way again. But Sukuna had a way with words. Of course, I'd never tell him that- I was half sure that he just knew how to brainwash me, compel me into thinking that he was right. That didn't seem so far fetched when he managed to cure a lifelong fear of fire and my fear towards him in practically the same week.

"So, tell me. Why did you come?" Sukuna asked me, tapping his fingers against the arm rest of his throne. Honestly, I had almost forgotten that there was a reason that I was here, seeking Sukuna's help. I sighed as I leaned on my arms, leaning back and looking at the sky.
"I..." I hesitated. I wasn't sure why. How did one start a conversation like this one? Sukuna's eyes flickered with impatience.

"Spit it out then." The curse hissed, making me purse my lips as my eyes flickered back to his nervously.
"Sukuna..." I began, him humming in reply as he leaned closer to me.
"Back in your era...did my clan have enemies?" I asked slowly. Sukuna pauses at my question, it probably not being onw that he expected. A smirk then spread across his face.
"Why do you ask?" He asked curiously, tilting his head with interest.

My throat went dry at the question, wondering how to explain the fact that I let Inomaki put me under a sleep curse that I may never have woken up from. Sukuna squinted his at me due to the silence, probably guessing by now that I didn't know how to answer. He decided to tell me anyway, instead of forcing me to tell him. I'm sure he'd find a way to get it out of me later. I doubt anybody would believe me when I say that he has a way with words.

"Practically every jujutsu sorcerer hated the (L/n) clan back in my time." He began, making me look up at him with suprise from staring down at my feet.
"They all questioned which side the (L/n)s would align with should there ever be a war." Sukuna continued with a smirk, peaning his chin on his fist as he explained. He seemed to be drinking in my reactions- my curiousity.

"And though your clan avoided the question, everyone knew the answer." Sukuna mused, watching me as I began nodding slowly in agreement.
"The curses...we'd align with the curses." I confirmed softly, making Sukuna chuckle. I'm sure he knew I'd say that.
"It's not a 'we' anymore, pet. It's a 'you'." Sukuna chuckled out darkly, poking at the fact that I was now alone and had no other family to be able to call myself 'we'.

"I think...I think the higher ups killed my clan." I blurted out blindly, looking up at Sukuna with shaky eyes. I wanted him to tell me that I was crazy. That I wasn't doing the bidding of the people that essentially would have ruined my life. Sukuna stayed silent after my statement, humming out in thought as he sunk deeper into his throne. His fingers danced across his chin, a smirk settling on his face.

"I remember how the higher ups were feared in my era too." Sukuna muttered nonchalantly. My eyes watched him like hawks, begging him to continue.
"They were the 'elite' jujutsu sorcerers. They controlled everything and everyone." He mulled over, seeming to remember his past. I wonder if he done that often. Reminisced the past.
"They still do." I spat bitterly.

"But they don't control you, do they?" He challenged, already knowing the only acceptable answer to that was no.
"Nor me for that matter." He pointed out.
"No...they don't." I agreed softly.
"But they want to control me- they think they already are. Otherwise, they would have taught me about my clan and my cursed techniques." I told him.
"There was only certain jujutsus they allowed Nanami to teach me. I had to stumble across every other technique on my own." I confessed.

As I said it all outloud, I started understanding it more. The higher ups purposely kept me from learning about my power so that I wouldn't become as powerful as I should be. They didn't want me to feel any sort of regard for the curses, let alone kinship. Too bad that it was engineered in to my blood.
"They fear your clan so possibly wiping you all out was a defense move on their part." Sukuna expressed, causing me to perk up.

"So you agree? That my clan's annihilation wasn't an accident." I theorised with wide eyes, Sukuna humming quietly in affirmation.
"It sounds plausible." He replied, before looking down at me with squinted eyes.
"How did you even come across this premise of yours?" Sukuna asked me, as I knew he eventually would. I sighed, thinking of something that Sukuna wouldn't get angry at.

"I remembered something the other day. A memory from my past because of a jujutsu that a friend used on me." I began slowly, his facial expression never changed as he listened to me speak.
"In this memory, my mother was talking about the possibility that the higher ups could go against them. And knowing the higher ups now...its sounds exactly like something they would do." I mumbled, Sukuna humming in thought.
"And what do you plan to do with this theory of yours?" He asked with a smirk making me sigh before saying,

"I don't know...I really don't know."

(A.N ~ I hope you enjoyed. For the next chapter you will be needing your personal stash of grass.)

Chapter 47 Quote Teaser :

"That every other night you give me one minute. In that one minute, I may touch you how I please."