Cursed Object ~ Ch2

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

The rest of the afternoon was filled with last goodbyes, paperwork and packing the last of the stuff of Itadori Wasuke. It was a hard time for Yuuji and I could see it in his eyes. He tried to stay strong for the sake of me and the nurses that had been kind enough to help him out with all the paperwork and signatures needed from him. They took us through everything step by step with a soft smile and understanding gaze. After all, we were just 18- not even really adults yet.

Now Yuuji was signing the last of the documentation, me standing by his side as morale support with his grandpa's things in a duffle bag at my feet. It wasn't long before I sensed a familiar wave of cursed energy coming from down the hall, making turn my head towards it. I cleared my throat and give Yuuji one more small smile.
"I'll be back in a second, okay?" I told him gently, him giving me a greatful nod in response.

I slid the duffleback closer to Yuuji before turning on my heel and making my way down the narrow hall where I saw a classmate of mine leaning against the farside of the wall. Fushiguro Megumi, my best friend and so far my only classmate. I felt bad that Yuuji knew nothing about this double life I was living. But Yuuji loved to help others and if he knew about the world of jujutsu, he'd no doubt always be in danger.

Curses were never a foe to me, so it was easy to exorsise those I had to for my missions even though I didn't want to. I always felt guilty everytime I did. But nobody understood my philosophy and if I tried to expain it, I have no doubt that I'd be exiled along with Suguro Geto despite my ideals being far from his.
"Megumi, what are you doing here?" I asked him curiously, greeting him with a hug and a tired smile. I hadn't slept in over 24 hours now, it seemed it was begining to catch up to me.

"I traced the cursed energy from a cursed object that I'm recovering to here. Didn't you feel it?" Megumi asked me, raising an inquiring brow at me before letting his eyes flicker around the hospital as if the cursed object would just immediately make itself known.
"Yeah, the traces are coming from my boyfriend. I think he has the cursed object's box in his pocket." I told him, having already sensed the traces this morning.

If I thought it would do him any harm, I would have taken it away by now. But it's just the box, what harm can that do?
"Box? Just the box? How about the object?" Megumi asked me, as if I knew.
"Look, all I know is that the cursed energy isn't strong enough for there to be something inside that thing." I told him, kind of feeling guilty that he had followed the traces all day rather than the actual object.

"Well, then I need you to ask him where it is. I need to retrieve it." Megumi told me, his voice very impatient and sounding exhausted. He probably had pulled an all-nighter as well.
"I can't just flat out ask him without exposing myself, Megumi. You know I don't want him anywhere near this part of my life - and besides, now's not a good time. His grandpa just died." I told him with slight frown, Wasuke Itadori's last words still on my mind.

"(Y/n), Gojo won't let me go home without this cursed object." Megumi tiredly admitted, making me purse my lips in pity. Gojo wasn't usually strict, which meant that this cursed object must be very important. I closed my eyes in thought, full-heartedly not wanting Yuuji anywhere near Jujutsu. But I couldn't just let Megumi down like this. I sighed before nodding my head to him, having weighed my descisions.

"Then why don't you ask him yourself. Just...be respectful. He's grieveing." I told him with a small smile and nod, giving him the go-ahead. I just hoped he'd be vague on the whole thing, make it sound like a game or something. Yuuji would immediately want to help out. Megumi nodded greatfully, motioning that I could head back to Yuuji now. And so I took my leave, going back to Yuuji seemed to have just finished writing his last signature.