Control ~ Ch38

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

If I had to describe Mahito's face with a single word, it would be "
'shock'. His eyes went wide after I told him that I belonged to Sukuna. I didn't know why I actually said that, but a part of me felt that it was right- especially after he just tried to use his cursed technique against me. It was clear that I did need to put some sort of fear in him and it seemed as if the (L/n) name did not do it for me. He was a young spirit, clearly. If my name did not work, Sukuna's definitely would.

I turned on my heel curtly after saying what I did, not waiting for Mahito's reply- if there would ever be one. As I turned, I felt the mark on my wrist heat up. I looked down at the mark, it having been exposed for the first time in a while since I've covered it. Sukuna was calling me, probably having felt someone try to touch my soul. The mark didn't burn this time as he usually loved to do- this time it was luke warm. Sukuna seemed to have finally listened to my complaints about being burned everytime he summoned me.

"You're leaving? Just like that?! You haven't given me any answers as to what just happened!" Mahito accused with shock, scrambling himself off the ground and stumbling closer to me as I turned around. He still hadn't healed completely, one of his shoulders were still burned to a crisp, slowly healing.
"You haven't asked me any questions." I replied simply, cocking my eyebrow at him. Mahito looked helplessly lost.

"I'm not quite sure what questions to ask..." Mahito admitted, seeming distressed. Up to a few minutes ago, he clearly thought he was in control.
"Maybe why a (L/n) allows herself to be controlled by a curse?" Mahito added. That comment almost made me angry. Sukuna didn't control me. Thanks to our deal, he owned me, yes. But that wasn't control- not complete control anyway. I chuckled bitterly as I looked down at my feet before glaring not so playfully at him.

"I could as you the same; why a special grade curse allows himself to be controlled by a human..." I replied. I was playing with fire, risking turning him hostile. I wasn't even sure I was correct, it was just a creeping suspicion. But judging by the way Mahito froze, it seemed I was onto something.
"I've been communicating with curses far longer than you've been a curse, Mahito." I began telling him.

"I can tell what grade they are currently and if they have the potential to become something more. I can tell if they're calm or hostile or if they've bonded with a curse user just by looking them in the eyes." I explained, both Mahito and Junpei looking at me with awe.
"But I've never quite sensed evil the way I sense it around you." I mumbled.

I could sense Mahito was influenced by evil the moment I met him, sensing his malicious intent from a mile away. But it was more of a nature vs nurture issue. He's only a year old, possibly two at most. The kind of evil I sense from him should come from at least a decade old curse or an actual human. Which is why I believe he's working for a vengeful human. It would explain a lot.

"At first I thought you were working with someone but I don't think that's the case at all anymore..." I mumbled.
"I think a human is controlling you...but not in the way a curse user does." I told him pointedly, making him pause. He didn't know what to say and judging by his reaction, I didn't know whether I was partly right or completely right.
"Is that why you wanted to 'peak into my soul'? Is that what this sorcerer wants? A (L/n) on their side?" I questioned, begining to get more confident with each question I asked.

Mahito refused to reply, keeping his eyes locked on the ground beneath him. His fists were clenched, and possibly his jaw too. I was right. There was someone above Mahito that wanted me. That's why Mahito attempted to reach into my soul, possibly to make me into one of his puppets- all to serve their cause. I wondered what that cause was. Was it in favor of the humans or the curses?
"Are you so eager to please that you'd throw my friendship away?" I asked him with an annoyedI couldn't be angry with him untill I knew.