When you go gown Shopping

Your Pov

A week.

Although the entire week seemed to have passed in a flash, it still seems like only yesterday when Luka proposed to me in such a stunning way.

My thoughts kept returning to that very scenario like a broken record because I just can't get enough of it.

I couldn't stop giggling as I gazed at the breathtaking ring that was securely wrapped around my finger.

"Are you done smiling at that ring? We're here."

Immediately snapping out of my daze, I looked to see Marinette who was just beside me. Her eyes held bemusement but the look on her face tells me she's trying to keep a stern look.

I'd be annoyed too if the roles were reversed, but I couldn't help it. I got engaged to the man I love, what's not to giggle and smile about?

"R-right." I laughed. "Thanks for coming with me, Marinette." I nodded at her.

Marinette waved her hand at me in a dismissive manner and got out of the taxi, urging for me to do the same.

"I'd sew a whole new dress for you myself, but I'm kind of in a tight spot right now." She heaved out, a small sigh escaping her lips.

I stood up then gave the driver a small thank you nod, and then spun around to gaze at the bridal boutique in front of us.

The building appeared magnificent and regal from the exterior, and I have no doubt that the interior is equally impressive.

Marinette has excellent taste.

Before we arrived, she informed me that one of her friends works designs and sketches in addition to managing this place. A pretty enthusiastic person, but very nice nonetheless.

My stomach dropped as I opened the door to the bridal shop as I was extremely impressed by the interior decor.

There wasn't much color, and although it had a contemporary, streamlined appearance, there was still a hint of regality.

Nearly every wall was adorned in gowns and dresses, and the embroidered patterns are just as fascinating as they sound.

"Welcome to Sincerely Yours Bridal! Please, get comfy!"

I was too busy marvelling and gushing to pay attention to the elegant woman who was standing directly in front of us.

She looked stunning in her professional attire, which further accentuated her beauty. Her thin build and semi-wavy hair are complemented by her brown eyes.

Her appearance might lead one to believe that she is a model. I wouldn't be surprised if she actually was one.

"How have you been, Ai? It's been a while." Marinette dived in to give her a hug, which Ai returned casually and smiles at the both of us.

After a few seconds, Marinette let's go and turns to face me.

"(Y/N), this is Ai Duno, and she's the manager of this place. We met during one of those fashion contests they held when we were freshmens." She gave me a brief explanation.

Ai's expression immediately lits up as she quickly grabs my hand to give it a firm shake. "Oh dear! It's so nice to finally meet you! Marinette tells me alot about you, and your friends." She nodded at me enthusiastically.

I giggled. "Hopefully they're all nice things. It's nice to finally meet you too!"

After wrapping up the introductions and slowly catching up with each other, Ai clasped both her hands together and looked at us with a knowing gaze.