When you and him pick the Cake

I love cakes honestly. I wanna eat cake now (⁠๑⁠♡⁠⌓⁠♡⁠๑⁠)

-

Luka's Pov

My dear fiancée requested that I accompany her as she choose the cake for our wedding.

My dear fiancée.

Tom and Sabine Dupain-Cheng were gracious enough to offer us a discount on the cakes we planned to order.

They insisted on doing it for free because it was for our wedding, but I refused.

(Y/N) looked a bit glum when I told her she wouldn't be seeing Marinette at her parents' bakery. I couldn't tell her what I was thinking, at least not right now.

As much as I despise keeping secrets from the love of my life, the thought of Monarch using (Y/N) as bait to capture Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculouses had my heart near trembling.

"What kind of cake do you want, Luka?" I was startled out of my reverie when I heard (Y/N)'s melodic voice fill my ears.

When I turned to look at her doe (E/C) eyes, my heart did a backflip. I smiled at her, then intertwined her fingers with mine and gently gave it a squeeze.

"I'm not sure, honesty. I'm not picky when it comes to cake. All I know is that they're sweet, and I love sweets." I admitted.

She gave me an unimpressed look, her cheeks puffed out making her look like a deranged but absolutely adorable chipmunk.

"Surely you have a favorite flavor; how about Vanilla or Chocolate?" I wrapped my arm around her waist and drew her inevitably closer.

Smiling, I went to think about what she said.

I chuckled at her. "Hmm, yeah.. I don't know, Sweetheart. That's why you'll be picking the cake. You can't trust me with these kinds of things. I'll just say to heck with it and pick the first cake I see."

(Y/N) decided to let it go after enjoying a good laugh at my cake selection incompetence.

But not before she's gotten me to swear that I'll try some of the cake samples.

We arrived at the bakery a bit later than we were supposed to because (Y/N) got a little sidetracked on the way there.

Fortunately, Tom and Sabine didn't mind that we were late and had us sit down and get comfortable while they collected the samples.

Sabine exclaimed at us with a wide smile playing at her delicate lips, "Luka, (Y/N) dear! It's been a while since we last saw each other."

Sabine chose to sit with us so that we had company and a chance to converse while her husband Tom prepared the necessary items.

Sincerily, at first I was debating going to this bakery and was hoping to schedule an appointment at another patisserie.

I believed that Marinette's parents would view me as a disgrace to humanity after dating her and eventually breaking up with her.

Fortunately, that didn't happen.

Or perhaps it's only because I was with (Y/N), and (Y/N) gets along well with Marinette's parents.

In either case, I'm pleased the whole ordeal is behind them.

I split up with Marinette, but it turned out for the better in the end. It works out well for each of us considering we discovered our other halves and remained close friends.

(Y/N) continued our conversation with Sabine as I watched Tom saunter out of the kitchen with six miniature plates full of miniature cake samples.

Although I'm not completely sure how he was able to carry them all, Tom is a pretty skilled and fantastic baker, so I wasn't as shocked as I could have been.

When Tom began to carefully place the plates on the table, the two's conversation came to an end.

(Y/N) stared at the scene in front of her with wide eyes before her mouth fell open. There were a lot of cakes present, so I couldn't blame her.

Tom turned his head in our direction, a slight smile tugging at his lips, "I've been crafting a broad variety of combinations since I was a little kid. I'm confident you'll find a flavor you'll like there."

As Tom and Sabine began to describe the sort of cake and filling in each and every one of the baked goods they had in front of us, I tried my best to be on board with the conversation.

I don't understand a thing they are saying.

"This one is a Lemon Poppy Seed Cake with Lemon Buttercream. Its one of the older combinations we've created, but it's more popular than the Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting."

Sabine continued to explain, pointing at the particular cake to show us the fillings as she also explains how they carefully made them.

I nodded, but I wasn't sure I got it. (Y/N) reacted right away, suggesting that she completely understood what Sabine was saying.

"I'm honestly into these Gingerbread Cake with Mocha Buttercream. They taste amazing, Sabine!" (Y/N) smiled at her.

Sabine excitedly clapped her hands together and said, "Oh, that's wonderful." Then added "What about you, Luka? What kind of cake would you like on your special day?"

My head snapped up, and I turned to face her reassuring silver eyes.

Sabine was searching for an answer in me, and her lips were twitching in a smile. Genuine interest in what I desired.

The issue is that I'm not quite sure what I want because I never gave these things any thought in the first place.

I'm not really good with food.

So I responded in the manner I would normally.

I nodded at Sabine, returning her grin, and said, "I'm alright with any cake, honestly! As long as my fiancée is happy, then I am happy." I offered her a tiny shrug.

Sabine gave me one of those questioning looks a mother would give her child as she didn't seem to be convinced by my response.

She then said, "You haven't even tried any of them."

I entrusted the task of tasting all the cakes to (Y/N) because she was obviously more skilled at it than I was.

And because I was in a rush to respond to calls and texts from the management, but that was no excuse.

I felt (Y/N)'s hand clutch mine, and I looked up to be met with her enticing gaze, "Oh yeah! You need to try all of them Luka. Then we'll decide the kind of cake we want together."

Before I knew it, I was nodding in response to her whim.

I'm a whipped man, but I'm not complaining.

-

Only a few more chapters AHHHH